WhitePanda's First Experience with Tiger Balm

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Feb 13, 2010.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I have to say I used to be very, very skeptical of tiger balm because of the high number of fake linaments out there and because of over all chinese medicine.

However, three weeks ago I injured my hand because I had what we in my family call a twister(tornado), and punched something I shouldn't have punched. At first my hand was just a little sore for about a few days, but for a week I didn't even notice it. Then I woke up one day and I was sure my hand was fractured.

I went to the hospital almost positive that my hand would have to be in a caste. I got the x-ray back(they even gave it to me to keep) and it said my hand was fine, but I am still not sure the hand was not broken because my fingers feel a little crooked sometimes and Chinese hospitals are known for giving wrong/incorrect x-rays.

The doctor decided to prescribe me some Tiger Balm. Broken or not broken, my hand was injured and still is a little injured, but the tiger balm has definitely been helping.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Keep hold of it, most of the stuff out there is crap

3. jonwade

jonwade Valued Member

I too am always skeptical, but my attitude is to slap it on anyway, as there is usually nothing else like it. I also take ibuprofen as well though those situations. My sifu makes Dit Dar (which I think is similar) and learnt out in a Beijing hospital.