What is you favorite martial art and why?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ckstuds, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Really? I have heard about a strange creature who can top that, called top level muay thai guy:p

My favourite martial art is boxing, but I am not sure I can explain why.. I just love the footwork, the combinations and the punches of boxing and I have convinced myself that boxing is the best way to learn to fight.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

This and

I like kicky punchy karate. and its not a ground art like judo, so i dont have to worry about hurting my back.

and I love performing Kata. and kumite. and kihons. Heck i just like kicky punchy karate. :)

3. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

I haven't experienced enough arts to say which one is my favorite.

But i have tried out i think 4 different arts. TSD i did for 6 months. I tried out Judo, Boxing and DART Self Defence by JWT.

Although i its very unreliable as i have only had one lesson in all the latter 3. i have to say that when i went to try out Judo it was awesome. Probably because of the new contact and the new aspect of martial arts i never bothered to explore because i was so narrow minded about just striking! lol.

I mean even doing break falls, hell that i found really fun. And then being thrown, that felt amazing. And then when they let me throw someone i was like HELL YEAH THIS IS AWESOME!

Even though it was just practicing technique it felt so good. So if doing slow practice is really fun, i cant even imagine to think how good Randori will feel!

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

My favourite martial art would have to be Llap Goch, but sadly I have never had a chance to study it. So in the meantime I am settling for Taiji, which I enjoy very much.

5. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

I used to be a kungfu nut when i was a kid. A part of me still is. =)
    i used to love shaolin back then. I'm impartial to Baji quan now.

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Yeah, yeah, and my dad's bigger than your dad. :hat:

7. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

8. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

You clearly do not do MMA.

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I was thinking more along the lines of him hitting someone in the face with his nuts.....er hang on why am I thinking of BJJ now?

:eek:

10. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

:cry:

11. kurupt2020

kurupt2020 Valued Member

I dont really have a favourite they all have something to offer ,
    but i do like to watch kali / eskrima

12. Blade96

and i get to do the same martial art as my fave martial artist. And I fell in love with it while doing that.

and judo is still someone's crotch in your face. :p

13. Daithí

Daithí Valued Member

Out of all the arts I've studied - American Kenpo, Shaolin White Crane, Kyokushin Budokai, MMA - Kyokushin Budokai is absolutely my favourite. It's got all the awesomeness of Karate AND Judo all in one package, and at the level of contact and intensity that I like.

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy putting on tight green leggings and hanging around a deep forest with a group of merry men, although...wait...no, NO! :p

14. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

Only sometimes :p

15. finite monkey

You say that like it's a bad thing ;]

16. NightSky

NightSky Valued Member

Original ITF Taekwondo. Because it has tradition, spirit, number of disciplines..it's a sport and it's an art, and most important there are some great martial artists traveling around the world and take care that Taekwondo is teached correctly! :)

17. Blade96

Bwahaha.

well for me it was kinda like Ewww when i done couple of judo lessons and wound up with a guy crotch nearly touching my nose.....eww.

18. finite monkey

Another good reason to always wear a groin guard.

I must admit grappling with the opposite sex disturbs me on many levels! Who knows what you might find :eek:

19. Blade96

like the martial artist i saw on a video once with a telltale brown spot spreading between his pants......

Wouldnt want my face practically on that. :eek:

20. finite monkey

It would certainly motivate me!