What do you use to practice kicks on at home?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TejasT, Feb 7, 2012.

1. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I have a 90 lb one like this. the waist and both arms are all broken from my throwing. I will hang it up as a punching bag from now on.

Thanks for the excellent idea.

2. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

That was my idea, but filled with saw dust.

In fact I have two, one inside the other end to end (had to cut a hole in the bottom of the outer one)

The sawdust compacts over time so I hang it the other way up

The side handle provide an anchor point to prevent undue swinging

3. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I WANT IT I WANT IT

What sizes does it come in and how much do they go for? What is it called to look it up on Ebay?

4. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

wavemaster currently as have no provision to hang a heavy bag. its ok. a heavy bag is better in my humble opinion

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I believe it comes in 70lb, 90lb, and 120lb. It costs aroung $170 for the plastic one. The leather one will cost around $450. I'll try "throwing dummy".

6. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

They're called 'WARRIOR INTERNATIONAL LEGGED GRAPPLING DUMMY/HEAVY BAG', TitleMMA distributes them, I provided a link in my original post. You can hang them up as a punching bag or grapple with them as a grappling dummy. They come in 70lb and 100lb.

You probably could adapt a second hand grappling dummy into a punching bag with some know how, I personally wouldn't know where you would begin with such a thing, but if you look around on the net you might find something.

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Tie some belts round your heavy bag, train to grab them and kick/strike. Lots of potential in that exercise without buying one of those. Much cheaper too :D

Mitch

8. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

[​IMG]

I dont see anywhere to hang it up as a heavy bag. This would be the one I would buy its 140lbs. Unless there is another heavy one that can be hung with a chain.

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Just make sure that your neighbor won't call cops.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012