What criteria are you guys using to evaluate whey protein?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jsmith, Mar 17, 2005.

1. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

Hey guys,

I've been researching whey protein, and I notice people frequently refer to the quality of various whey proteins. What are you guys basing this on? Is it just percentage of protein, mixability, flavour, etc?

I bought some whey protein with the following ingredients:
    ProZyme Complex(GFR Health's proprietary complex blend of pure, concentrated and isolated, micro ultra-filtered whey proteins with papain, bromelain, and lipase enzymes), natural vanilla flavour, guar gum, Sucralose (24 mg per 20 g serving).

I can post the nutritional information as well if that is helpful. I would like to know if this is good protein, but I'm sure it would be useful to everyone to know what this is based on so they can evalutate their stuff as well.

Thanks!

2. Svarog

Svarog New Member

I evaluate according to:
    - brand reputation and recomendations of other users, non-dealers of course
    - % of protein, carbs (sugar), fat - I only use high % whey protein but not isolate, since it is too expensive
    - price of one serving
    - mixability
    - flavour

I am not familiar with your brand, what's its rating among other brands/products?

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I go off the same things, plus the amino acid profile.

4. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

I'm not sure of it's rating, but everything you mentioned seems fine with it. I was just worried about the "GFR Health's proprietary complex blend of ..." part.

Thanks.

5. Svarog

Svarog New Member

Since science in this industry sells, today every brand has its XYZ PowerProt's unique micronized ultra filtered ionized sintetisized naturaly scientized fancyized whatevernized proprietary blend of... 'science'.