Weight Training

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by brucelee12345, Nov 17, 2013.

1. brucelee12345

brucelee12345 Valued Member

Hello yall,
    I need some advice on my weight training
    Goal:Strength and Explosiveness with little mass

Squat Clean and Press
    Military Press
    Dumbbell Rows
    Weighted Pistols or Bulgarian Split Squat or Deep front or back squats
    Upright Row
    Bench Press
    Pull Ups
    Bicep Curls

So far I am doing this 3 times per week
    Sets and Reps(i mix it up)-(which one would be a good range to gain strength and explosiveness with little mass)-3x6 2x8-12(HIT Style) 4x6 5x5 6x4 3x8

And do you have any advice on how i can arrange the exercises? or is it good the way it is arranged right here

Thx to all who respond

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

3. brucelee12345

hi
    I hv been training by myself, i came up wit this routine as it focuses mainly on compound exercises and 1 isolation exercise(bicep curls) i chose to do bicep curls because when your fighting and grappling, you need a good pair of biceps to be able to pull your opponent in, and when your punching, after you have extended your arm, when you bring your arm back in to guard, you use your biceps and how fast the can contract

Thankyou for the websites

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

First thing to do: RESEARCH!!!

Second: RESEARCH!!!

Too many people start a routine without knowing

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

the worlds easiest training routine:
    pick stuff up from the floor and put it overhead as often as possible.

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I don't hate it. it is a lot of volume but if you manage it then cool.

points I would put across: upright rows cause a lot of problems for peoples shoulders, something like snatch high pull will do more for explosiveness, and keep that shoulder safe.

pistol squats, BSS etc are AWESOME but no replacement for regular squatting, if you can clam weighted pistols then all power to you, that is cool, but a heavy bar on the back (or front) is irreplaceable in my opinion.

7. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Hi, what do your mean by little mass?

8. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Hello
    According to your goals 'strength and explosiveness with little mass...' you may want to alter the basis of this routine and nix a couple of the lifts.

Replacing them with better (similarish) options.

With that routine (as it is) you might find it easier to split it into roughly (Day 1) Lower Body (Day 2) Upper Body (Day 3) Lower Body

EG:
    Day 1) Squat Clean and Press, BSS, Pistols

Day 2) Bench Press, DB Row, Military Press, Pull Ups, Bicep Curl

Day 3) Back Squat, Front Squat, High Pulls (instead of upright row)

Day 4) Repeat Day 2 etc

A simple alternate routine is:

Day 1 - Squats (alternating Front Olympic with Back Squat each session)

Day 2 - Barbell Row, Standing Ohead Press

Day 3 - Deadlift

Day 4 - Bench Press, Barbell Curl

Repeat Day 1 to 4

If pushed for time then Combine Day 1 and 4. Depending on sets, reps and intensity of effort. Naturally this depends upon sets, reps, intensity of effort etc.

Again depends as much on intensity/ effort...But generally the mass range is 8 to 6, Hypertrophy roughly 20 to 8, strength training tends to be conducted with sets under 6 reps.

Explosiveness? More to do with speed, tempo of lifts and the lifts themselves. Olympic weightlifting is often held up as the bastion of explosiveness and a lot of the accessory exercises associated with that (simplest being the High Pull) will build that factor.

But! The tempo and speed you do say a standard back squat can also enhance your explosiveness. Doing the positive portion of the lift fast is an aid in this regard.

Also the aforementioned High Pulls and Jump Squats etc will boost your ability to explosiveness, markedly.

Good luck.

9. brucelee12345

Thank you for the advice