Weight Gain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ben Gash CLF, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

I'm not sure if I'm mis-reading you, or you've mis-read me, or in fact if we're agreeing and I'm confudled at the end of a long day at work, but I was suggesting for the example 2x1.5hr sessions (which was just a random guess tbh, I've never done a 2 work out a day regeime before so don't know how you'd split it up or how long they'd be) I tend to aim for the hour and a half mark, and like you only tend to over run if I've got to wait for equipment or end up chatting to the gym manager for ages =p

2. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

With Scooby's approach on bulking you can expect very little gains in weight.
    If I remember well, he is talking about a weight gain of 5 pounds of muscle a year with zero bodyfat?
    Not sure if this is the best way to go for a trainer who needs his fighter to gain weight fast..

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

If getting in enough calories is an issue, they need to focus more at meal times. Bigger bites, less chat, get the food down before the signal from the vagus nerve kicks in and tells them they're full.

Btw I love bulking and I'm currently a few pounds off being technically obese :D

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Just to update, he's put on 7+kg in 3 weeks on GOMAD :O

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

GOMAD is awesome but a lot of people hold water/bloat and tend to loose a lot of weight once the milk is out of the diet again (e.g. me)

as gary stated the focus should be on meal times, you have 20 mins before leptin is released to tell you that you're full, those 20 mins are more impotant than your workout, GET IT DOWN YOU SON!

make sure his 3 main meals are a horrendous experience of force feeding add in a couple snacks and shakes and put oil on everything and his weight will climnb. its not pleasant or healthy, but needs must, we've all been through it.

JM blakley (USA powerlifter, did 14 meets in 4 weightclasses in a year, topped off at 308lbs) typically ate:

break: 4 mcdonalds big breakfast sandwhiches, with 4 hashbrowns and 8 packs of mayo

lunch 45 mins at an all you can eat chinese, rumor has it he was asked to stop eatting on more than one occasion and could put down 200kcal in under an hour.

evening: xxl pizza with every available topping (except sardine apparently...) with half a bottle of EVOO soaked in.

the man was hardly fat and scary strong, the above adds up to 11000kcal plus, most of us will gain plenty at half that.

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

We kinda figured that would happen which is why we're aiming to go a few kilos heavier than target.
    I think he will eat better once he comes off the milk anyway, and his diet is certainly cleaner now.

7. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

very wise sifu. milk makes me hold water like nothings the matter, it can get pretty unpleasant.

8. Adwerd

Adwerd New Member

Here is really nice and informative post but according to me if you want to gain weight, you should eat well and take well rest also. But it doesn't mean that you forget to take exercise. Exercise is important to keep your body fit and stay to healthy.

9. Andy8100

Andy8100 New Member

According to recent research, the approximated normal daily vitamin need for an average male who features light activity is 2,200; for a women, it is 1,900.Consume a lot of high-calorie snacks (not junk food) such as milk items products, candies, dry fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, yogurt and breakfast bars.

10. Ameey

Ameey New Member

Sleep well...and meat play key role in getting weight. Eggs too. I hope it's really work.

11. therger

therger New Member

I think weight gaining is harder then weight losing.If you want to gain your weight then you should use a why protein or other weight gain supplement then you can get excellent results as you wanted.And do exercise regularly.