training suggestions

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Shen Tai Long, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Shen Tai Long

Shen Tai Long New Member

hello people i am doing tae kwon do since 5 months and i really think my flexibility process is going slow.I really expected waaaay better results.

I wonder if the stretching trainings we are doing in class are bad or its just 3 days per week is not enough for results i expect.

Could you please any of you that understands stretching goodly send me a good stretching training video or guide ( with pics ) to train everyday

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Ballet stretching has really helped me. There are tons of opinions on stretching routines, so google it and try some. If you don't have a barre-which many of them use-get a chair. Here's one to get you started- [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR7ZK_21_CM"]How To Stretch For Ballet - YouTube[/ame]

3. KonradCurze

KonradCurze New Member

Hi

Been doing ITF Tae Kwon Do for 15 years now. I would say your problem is a combination not enough stretching in class (lets face it. A stretching class is dull so do it too often and people stop coming back) and 3 days a week is not sufficient to get good improvements. Most instructors I know recommend stretching everyday in your own time.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Poor progress is usually down to lack of consistency, ineffective exercises, improper sequence of exercises, or a combination thereof (forgetting injuries and weaknesses for the moment).

Please tell us more about how often you stretch, what kind of stretches you do, and what your typical stretching routine looks like.