Toe injury

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by matveimediaarts, Sep 12, 2014.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Hi all,

Several months ago I stubbed my baby toe, right foot. The pain is long gone,but the middle joint (the one above the joint that attaches to the foot) is frozen. It does not bend at all. It not longer hurts or causes me discomfort, but I am concerned about the frozen joint. I've never had one before. Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,
    Matvei

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This in the first instance is a job for your doctor.

Failing that a sports physio would be the person to see.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

My middle toe has no feeling whatso ever..

I just live with it , I dont remember damaging it

as Simon says ....training in bare feet = sore toes.

Smurf

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I train bare feet all the time and my feet are okay.

Although for a few months I think I had a broken pinky toe.

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Same. Only time I've hurt my toes was when I kicked a free standing bag and got my angle wrong. Which doesn't really count.

@ Matvei - as Simon said, I'd go get the opinion of a doctor and/or physio, just to get some advice at least. I take it that it doesn't affect your ballet practice?

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

After years of training, I now have almost no flexion in the first joint of any of my toes. It effects my life in no discernible way.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Not at all. I can run, jump, pirouette, stand and switch positions en releve, etc and not even notice it. My only concern is that it feels rather strange when I try to manipulate it with my fingers and that joint doesn't bend. :O