The AOFP CrossFit Austere Program

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slipthejab, Apr 16, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Interesting article/program on training with what's at hand. Since local MAP member Nordic is deployed in Iraq right about now... I though if he's lurking he may get a kick out of this. For those of us who aren't deployed anywhere it might provide some insight into how to get some good training done without all the hype and crap associated with big membership gyms.

http://www.crossfit.com/journal/2007/01/the_aofp_crossfit_austere_prog_1.html

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/AOFP-Austere-Program_equipment.pdf

It looks geared towards endurance. Which would make sense given the crowd it's direct towards (military personnel). But I think there is something for comeptitive fighters in there as well. The need for endurance can never be underestimated.

As my favorite saying goes... 'Fatigue makes cowards of us all'...

Give it a read an let me know what you think.

2. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Damn, that's a good program, simple and direct. I'd find it difficult to get all the equipment but I think most of us would have easy access to the equipment/substitutes.

Good progressive build up for those already at a good fitness level. I find some programs build up too slowly and are aimed at beginners etc. Guess because this is military specific its tailored and you can make some real gains in endurance and strength in a short time.

3. relish

relish Valued Member

Just did yesterdays crossfit WoD entitled 'Cindy' just shows how far I've got to go lol! Managed 17 rounds in 20 mins although some of the pullups were jumping and alot of pressups on the knees, still it's a start I suppose. Anybody else get a decent score on this? Good programme, cheers mate I'll give it a try, well if I can find some alternative stuff =/.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007