strengthshop uk -

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dead_pool, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Does anyone here use them, what are they like, whats their postage service like??

edit for these guys -

www.strengthshop.co.uk/

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Dead_pool

Guess Ill soon find out, Just bought one of there used Olympic bars for home use, No postage date or info even after when ordered and paid for.

Edit - all sorted through their facebook site -

Nextday ups delivery, very good customer service.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. Dead_pool

And it arrived promptly the next day.

One barely used functional olympic bar at less then half price.

:)

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I hate you! :D

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

would you like the specs for home made platform?

6. Dead_pool

Yes, sounds good!

Cheers mate.

At the moment Im just looking to aid strength and posture by deadlifts, squats, and overhead press, and rows. But I'm sure that may change, to meta work etc once the base strength is there.

Ive recently become friends with a good level powerlifter so instruction will be there, and ill most likily be getting a hold of starting strength and following it for the initial phase at least.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  7. Dead_pool

My Base fitness Plates arrived yesterday, Cheap, Free postage, and alot nicer then I though they would be, Random Ebay lockjaws are due tommorrow.

Home gym is getting there!

8. Frodocious

What have you got in your gym so far, and what are you hoping to end up with?

9. Dead_pool

Its very simple and basic atm,
    1) half padded area, for weights.
    2) Olympic barbell plus 30kg of weights (70kg more after next payday)
    3) Dumbells with 50kg of weights (tescos special)
    4) olympic rings (much cheaper then a trx)
    5) Generic swissball for core work.

I havnt been using weights for about 2 years and I have got shockingly weak in that time.
    So Im aiming to get back to strength and get into comp level fitness for BJJ.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  10. Dead_pool

After my first order with Base fitness on ebay, I dropped them an email thanking them for prompt service, and they let me have 15% of my next order.

The courier is gonna kill me when the order arrives this week!

11. Frodocious

Strength shop have currently got a good deal on for their Football bars and Farmer's Walk handles and my willpower is currently weakening...

12. Dead_pool

Im just waiting for my black olympic dumbell handles from them to arrive, half price too, home gym is looking cool and saving me money!

13. Frodocious

Nice!

I'm really leaning towards the Football bar at the moment, but the Farmer's Walk handles are very tempting. I also want one of their Oly lifting bumper plate sets. I think I need to win the lottery... :cry:

14. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I could see the football bar really benefiting you acctually.

I'm a big fan of strength shop btw.

I'd love a set of farmers bars, but I think if I was spending I'd buy a trap bar, more versatile I gues, you can still do walks etc but have the option of trap bar deads etc.

15. Frodocious

I've been wanting a football bar for a while now and this offer is seriously tempting. The downside is that I'd have to buy some oly plates fairly soon after, as my current weights are standard. I've also got my eye on some fractional plates to allow me to very gradually increase weight and allow my shoulders adaptation time.

As I'm not really doing heavy deads right now, the farmer's bars are slightly more attractive than the trap bar (plus the trap bar isn't on offer at the moment). I really need that lottery win...! :)

16. Dead_pool

I was just buying some smaller clips for my new oly dumbells and I noticed there's some cheap, good quality Olympic barbells for sale on amazon with cheap delivery too, Thought it might be something you would be interested in -

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/BLACK-Olympic-Bar-320Kg-Rated/dp/B00CS54QJG/ref=pd_luc_sbs_02_03_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]BLACK 7' Olympic Bar (320Kg Rated): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympic-Bar-320Kg-700lb-Rated/dp/B00CS54OWA/ref=pd_luc_sbs_02_04_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]7' Olympic Bar (320Kg / 700lb Rated): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

17. Frodocious

AAARRGGGHHHH! More potential to spend money! I'm currently leaning towards the football bar at the moment. I will need an oly set at some point because none of my weights will fit on it (they are all standard plates). I also need snowboard boots, a helmet, padded shorts and a lottery win... :)

18. Frodocious

So I weakened and bought the football bar and am now waiting impatiently for it to arrive! :)

19. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

'Citing!!

Just bought this for the mrs after her row with weaksause PTs in her gym, not as exciting as yours but I thought you'd appreciate!

Attached Files:

20. Frodocious

Cool! :D

I almost doubly weakened and bought a set of farmer's walk handles but really couldn't justify spending another £150 this month! :(