Street Testing Org

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bellator Manus, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I have an idea to finally lay the style vs style, MMA vs TMA, and if the octagon is a good way to measure arts.

But I need some volunteers . . .

My plan is to get together with some other MAist and jump another MAist.
    I just have a yellow belt so I could pass off as the experienced street fighter. I just need to do a bunch of haymakers and push kicks.
    But I need someone who practices kickboxing or boxing to be the boxing gym guy. He can only use hands.
    I need a gansta who carries a gun (in our case, a realistic looking air soft gun will be used). Maybe Scarlet Mist is around here somewhere. . .
    I need one thug that can carry a knife (rubber with red dye).
    I also need about seven or eight drunken idoit fighters.
    And a Cameraman

After I have that we go and find where other MAP members hang out. Then we decide before hand, is this going to be a fight or a mugging. A fight will have warning and smack talk. The mugging will be without warning. We will then decide if its multiple opponents or one-on-one.

Once the preliminaries are done, we execute the fight and record how well the practitioner did in a "real" street fight. Did he escape? Knock everyone out?

First we can start with generic styles, TKD, BJJ, MT, WC. Then after our organization expands, we can start testing individual schools.

Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha, . . . ha.

Or maybe I should put this in the "Jokes" section. :Angel:

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

as amusin as it may seem thatsa good way to get peopl hurt. I know that if someone came at me ith what looked to be a knife or a fire arm I would either run or if cornered or surrounded I wold do my best to kill the attachers, and I know a fw others on MAp feel teh same way. Lethal force( whether or not it really was lethal doesnt matter so longas you felt that your life was in danger) can be met with lethal force in many places in th world.

but i guess this is a joke, so I wont take this seriously.

3. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

I started reading the thread and thought "I fancy a go at that" and was already planning where to conceal and how to use to the best effect my knife (sharp one of course because it will get out of hand) and my fat 24" Girhon stick and practice my Muayjkdsilatkaliboxing. How many points could you try and win by defeating a multistylist?

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Bingo wonderboy.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

6. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Thanks... we are currently recruiting again. Send me $500 for your application package and videotape certification instructions.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

and he'll make you a black belt. For another $500 you can be a master. :D

Oh and come to Milwaukee, we've got plenty of them gangsta fellas and knives, and guns, and sticks.....though they might be the sharp kind with real bullets.....

8. Thomas

See what happens Kwajman when you miss the mandatory membership meetings (yes, speaker phone conversations from the local pub count!). Because we are "instituting organizational chnages designed to make the system more effective", the $500 only covers the application fee... the black belt is an additional $1000 and "master" (complete with belt, silk uniform, and certificate suitable for framing) is another $2000. We are working on "Grandmaster" programs right now but not enough of our teen members have hit 20 yet.

9. Bellator Manus

You sounded pretty serious to me.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I had class..... :D

11. Thomas

"class" as in "martial arts practice in a room with a bunch of sweaty people"? Get out of the stone age (Paleolithic Era to you educated folk) and sign up for my "No Sweat Black Belt Program On the Comfort of Your Own Sofa"

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

how much does that cost cuz like, we all know that real Martial Arts can't be taught 'cuz it's like too deadly and I wanna know how to throw chi balls and walk on broken glass and do you have a video for that too Thomas cuz we all know books are just as good as going to a sweaty class.

13. bluekey88

bluekey88 whimsical in the brainpan

Don't laugh, there's a KF school out near me that has, as a part of their black belt requirement, walking on broken glass.

Ok, maybe you should laugh. I dunno.

Anyway, I wanne be a part of this street fihgt org...only if I can be the bystander that stand by...and maybe yells "you can do it" in an obnoxious cajun voice a la Waterboy.

Peace,
    Erik

14. Bellator Manus

Thank you for volunteering. We still need more drunken idiots. Where are the Drunken boxing guys when you need them?

15. bluekey88

bluekey88 whimsical in the brainpan

oh no....I don;t drink and box....I might spill my drink! :D

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ah, you need my training video! I created "drills" (for the MMA audience) and "katas" (for the TMA audience) on just this topic. I can box and drink at the same time, and you will too if you buy and study my video! :D

17. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Which would be alcohol abuse :cry:

which brings a whole new meaning to "drunken bocing" which reminds of a prestige in class in DnD caled the,wait for it, drunken boxer. One of its sepciol powers was to be abel to use a full beer mug was a weapon without spilling a drop. a skill any martial artist cannot be with out. :love: