stablizing shoulder

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by wazzabi, Feb 3, 2007.

1. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

i have very laxed joints, especially my shoulder. other than rotator cuff exercises what else would keep my humerus from jumping all over my joint socket when i bench press? i've been having this problem for a while. whenever i do bench press i feel the ball joint move all over the place, with tendons rubbing against each other. it's gotten to the point where i'm feeling a dull, aching pain.
    i do dumbell press, weighted pullups, bentover rows and military dumbell press. sometimes i do all 4 exercise, other days i only do dumbell press and pullups.

also i lost a lot of flexibility in my rotator cuffs (most likely the infraspinatus) because of muscle bounding. when i used to do rotator cuff exercises, my range of motion would be limited when my arm would hit my torso, so i couldn't complete the motion. this is for the exercise when you medially rotate a weight. when i let my arm hand down naturally in a kimura position, it doesn't drop straight down anymore, rather it stops about 20-30 degrees from pointing straight down. is the only way for me to regain my range of motion through stretching? is there any other way to reverse the effects of being muscle bound?