Solo Medicine Ball Drills?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Shortfuse, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

Does anyone know any Medicine Ball drills that you can do by yourself? I want to use one but i dont know many that dont require another person. Does anyone have any links?
    Thanks

2. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Are you looking for exercises using any certain bodyparts? There are dozens of variations of crunches and twists. Any kind of throwing (overhead soccer-style, underhand into the air for height, underhand throw behind-the-head, chest-pass basketball-style). Also, anything you'd do with a barbell, you can do with a medicine ball (pretty much).

One of my favorite solo medicine ball workouts is to alternate throwing the ball and jogging for a certain distance. For example, At the local track, I'll start with the ball and throw it overhead, then jog to it, pick it up and throw it overhead again, jog to it, and continue around the track. After 1 lap, I'll change the way I throw it, maybe to a basketball chest pass, and jog. Mix it up. There are dozens of possibilities.

3. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

not to mamic an exersise or make it more difficult but drills that involve i think plyometrics and thnigs like that..where you would turn, put it over your head under your legs or pass it around.. things like that

4. Enjoy

Enjoy New Member

If your looking for the plyometric workouts, those big bouncy balls (I don't know exactly what you call them) have endless variations for plyometrics, cardio, and resistance.

5. Adc

Adc Valued Member

Check out this company,very good MBalls.Good Basic exercises.
    http://www.medicineballs.com/
    As said up to you with a bit of creativity and can be added to vitually every Ab drill
    Personally I use them for (lots of warm up twists) Saxon Side Press,Full Twists and Wall Ball Shots.

6. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Medicine ball burpees!!!

Holding the ball in both hands
    Drop down into push up possition
    Push up from the ball
    Pull legs back to chest
    Jump up high with ball still in hands
    .......thats one!

Repeat for 30 seconds. Alternate with shadow, boxing skipping, or any other light aerobic exercise until you have done a three minute round.

That should sort you out. ;)

7. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter