Side leg raises

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Knight_Errant, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Hey. I screwed up my leg last week doing side leg raises- I got a dull pain on the outside of my right leg that continued for a week. My left leg is fine. I am tilting my pelvis forward while I'm doing them but am possibly not doing them right. Maybe I should just aim for a lower point, but does anyone have any pics showing the pelvic tilt just to make sure I'm doing them right?

2. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

3. Knight_Errant

Cheers. Another thought: when I'm doing them should I go on until I 'feel t3h burn' so to speak or just do 3-4 sets of 10-12?
    I'm talking about standing side leg raises btw.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  4. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

I'm fairly sure you should be fresh after doing them. I'll look in my Kurtz book for you later and let you know.

*****EDIT****
    From the book "Stretching Scientifically" by Thomas Kurtz:

"Perform in sets of 8-12 reps. If after a few sets your feel tired - stop. Fatigue causes a decrease in the amplitude of your movements."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  5. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

Just stick your butt out and roll your pelvis upward. It's the opposite of thrusting your pelvis forward. Think of making your lower back look like the letter C.

Hope this helps...

6. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

You know along time ago I went well pasted Thomas Kurz level of flexibility.
    That he has in the book so I put the book away, but you all have made me go get the book out again. I guess to review is to renew.

He touches on a bunch of thing that every person should know about the muscle in order to do a bunch of things not just lifting and stretching or martial arts.

7. Knight_Errant

Yeah, that helps. Thanks.