Side Crunches

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cougar_v203, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Has anyone heard of these?
    if so whats the part of the body does it work? I know it doesn't work the abs but i'm not really sure so thats why i'm asking you guys.

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Works the obliques, ie sides of the abs, it works the abs too.

|Cain|

3. Cougar_v203

huh from what i read it says it only works the obliques.

4. Cain

Cain New Member

I's the same as when you do bicep curls you are also working your shoulders

It works out the abs indirectly but focuses on the obliques, try doing side crunches and you will feel it in the abs too

|Cain|

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The obliques work by ROTATING your torso. Lateral flexion (side bending) is performed by the quadratus lumborum which lies deep inside you against your spine.

It always gives me a giggle when I se people doing side bends with a dumbell to try to reduce the size of their waist LOL!

Side crunches work the abs just like any other crunch - they just hit 'em from another angle. Add a slight twist & bingo! Obliques come into play!

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

>>It always gives me a giggle when I se people doing side bends with a dumbell to try to reduce the size of their waist LOL!<<

hey U, u r not allowed to do girly giggles... u know i lost 2 inches by that :p
    HAHAHAHHA..
    -TkdWarrior-

7. YODA

That's like saying you did a weight routine that included curls - and you're pecs got bigger ---- hint.... if may have been the bench press :D

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Thanx for clearing up about the side crunches Yoda

Side bends? :confused:

PS - Hmm....something's wrong with Yoda here, changed from maniacal evil laughing to girly giggles....hmmmmmm....... :yeleyes:

|Cain|

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

lol... yoda... thnx to my good workout routine n improved food habbits ;)
    -TkdWarrior-

10. darlph

darlph New Member

Cher's 2nd work out vid had them near the end of the tape. If you had lower back problems my chiropractor says do not do.

11. YODA

Hehe - there's a reason for that and guess what - it has nothing to do with your obliques :D

12. Cougar_v203

YODA did you become a girl overnight? or is it a phase your going through? :D

PS. Hope you get through it :D
    Kidding.

13. YODA

Hehehe