Role Model Physique

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El Barto, Jun 3, 2006.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

On the jump london documentary he has his legs massaged in the hotel. Considering he doesn't do any weights is prety amazing. Just plyometrics.

Many others use weights http://www.americanparkour.com/
    Jesse Woody uses them alot olympic lifts,deadlifts. Foucan must have a freaky high number of type 2 b fibres.

2. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

[​IMG]

Pretty inspiring cartoon. Look at that guy!

3. Antaeus

Antaeus Valued Member

Bruce Lee for sure. His muscles are extremely developed and he's not too big, even for his size. Plus the low BF.

4. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Jamo, for some reason, that cartoon guy reminds me of Caveman, a member at T-Nation. I think it's the sleeve tattoo:

[​IMG]

5. tkdmusclerock

tkdmusclerock New Member

Scott Steiner??!? Let's do the inventory: great biceps, okay triceps, okay delts; okay traps; okay back; tiny misshapen chest; bird legs. Dude has to wear a bench shirt to take a dump!

Good physiques in wrestling: Randy Orton (not huge but functional, good symmetry); Batista (although he's injury-prone); Chris Benoit (great back, great arms/delts); Kurt Angle (looks like the world-class wrestler he is). There are other guys with good parts but not the total package (no, not Lex Luger...even in his prime he didn't live up to that moniker). Chris Masters? Classic juice physique complete with gut. Triple H? Should call himself Triple HGH plus he looks soft.

I don't know about you guys but I think modern IFBB bodybuilders are completely ridiculous. Ronnie Coleman? He can't even hold his stomach in onstage, and he's f'n Mr. Olympia 8 times! Dorian Yates is a tough guy but his physique was misshapen lumps of meat. I like Dexter Jackson 'cuz he actually has a waistline. Greatest uncrowned MR.Olympia? Either Flex Wheeler (TKD third degree black belt; could do full side splits at 220 lbs!) or Lee Labrada. I'm an old guy; I like the old-school bodybuilders like Larry Scott, Steve Reeves, Bill Pearl, and Sergio Oliva.

For myself, I'm 5'9" and 190 right now; I'd be thrilled to be 180 with single-digit bodyfat. Somebody's gotta slap those Starbuck's mochas out of my hand.

6. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

[​IMG]

I think Thib's physique is outstanding.

7. Ceran

Ceran New Member

Without his hideous face

[​IMG]

8. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

I'm 5'9 and about 170, and below 10% body fat (not sure what % exactly but you'd be hard pushed to find any fat on me).

I weightlift but I do a lot of sports as well as Judo - hiking, boarding, rock climing and football mainly. Being any bigger than i am now would just be a disadvantage.

I agree with Banpen, most chicks dig an athletic physique more than the muscle bound 240lbs 5 9 freak. Its funny watching the huge guys spaz out when they realise that. And if you say you dont care how girls think you look, then your either lying or your really weird.

And being built like a tank doesnt make you punch harder. How many 5'9 240lb boxers do you see? Not bloody many. Not if they plan on being any good anyway.

When i see a guy who looks like hes on steriods (even if hes not), all i think is "wow, that guys got serious emotional and self esteem issues".

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

you've got to be kidding me. you know why you don't see people who are 5'9 fighting heavyweight? because 5'9 is short as hell, tyson was 5'11 and he's one of the shortest successful heavyweights. if you're 5'9, there's no changing that, but someone who is 5'9 and 240 pounds of muscle is going to hit a whole hell of a lot harder than someone who is 170. you may as well get bigger if you're not restricted by weight classes. but then, maybe you're less concerned with your performance than how attractive you are to females...

why, because it would make you slower? :rolleyes:

or maybe he's just more ambitious and hard-working than you and you're jealous because you know he could crush you with his little finger. sounds like you're the one with issues.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  10. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion Valued Member

Yeh dont forget it will also make you inflexibile *rolleyes* (cos the damn smilies arent working)

wait...whos the one whos worried they wont get chicks cos they are 'too big',

11. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I truely dont care how girls think I look. I must be really weird.

The part of your post that annoys me is that you look at a guy who "looks" like hes on roids and think that he has self-esteem issues. I mean, if you look at a buff guy and immediately think that way, you may be the one projecting yourself onto others (as you said, you're afraid that getting big will prevent you from getting any girls :rolleyes: ).

12. hawkfish

hawkfish Shodan - Shotokan Karate

John Cena's is pretty good.

Attached Files:

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  13. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I agree with you.

I'd also like to add, that when I look at a guy who is massive, I see hard work, dedication, and discipline. Drugs or not, it takes some booty bustin' to get big.

14. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion Valued Member

Dave Gulledge

Attached Files:

15. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I see someone with too much time on their hands ;)

16. Xav

Xav Valued Member

god I pray lifting wont make me like that!!!

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

18. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Physique wise he looks puny. But the pull ups are impressive indeed.

19. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I forgot about him! Amazing what a heavyweight PLer looks like shredded (look at his freaking back, specifically his lower back!).

20. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Not really. Obviously its not true in all cases but guys that want to be huge are usually trying to make up for something, e.g. being bald or being short, or being puny when they were little. Deny it all you want but a small part of you will know its true.

As for the girls side of it, look in any list of men women find attractive and its all brad pitts, orlando blooms and what have you. Ill bet you wont find many of your huge role models scoring very highly. Any hot blooded man that says he doesn't care about women is tapped in the head.

Actually thats a good point, what i meant is that someone who is 200lbs and tall is going to be the better fighter (i.e. banpen) than a 5'9 guy at the same weight. But your point is valid.

Yeah nice try pinning that straw man argument on me. I said before, i weight lift but purely strength training, no hypertrophy. I have a very high strength to weight ratio and now putting on any more muscle and therefore weight would be counter productive for the sports i do. I like to use my body for more than just flexing.

Eh, that doesnt make sense. I could put weight on if i wanted but like i said i do too many other things than just weightlifting so theres no point. And what? i've got issues because i can't go round crushing people with my little finger? riiiiiiiight. I think your just reinforcing my point with that statement.

Either way, firstly i dispute the fact he could crush me with his little finger, and secondly even if he could i don't ever imagine being in a situation where this hypothetical person would get the chance.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006