Role Model Physique

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El Barto, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

no no, i said when i'm 240 at 5'9. right now i'm only 165 :p
    the one who is 5'9 and 240 is jeff monson, who i posted pictures of, and yes, he looks like a walking tank :D

2. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

if you had a good reason to do it, you wouldn't be asking that. and nobody lifts weights 20 hours a week, although he spends a lot more than that if you add MA training in.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

You reckon his physique takes 20 hours or more a week to attain? You need to hang around here a bit more often :D

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Haha lifting in order to look good for girls is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Its just a nice side-effect.

5. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Werd...

Besides, whatever ladies I come in contact with always dig me...;) :cool: :D

6. tcgohan

tcgohan New Member

What is it more?

Just kidding. The pre-fight show on SpikeTv had him talking about doing 2 hours of training in the morning and two hours in the evening. Yeah, most of that would be sparring/skills training but that kind of activity tends to keep the fat down.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Diet keeps fat down better than exercise for the lay person. You could get that physique training 5 hours a week over a period of time IMO.

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Strange. Last time I checked Tito Ortiz was an inch shorter than me and only 10-15 lbs heavier. Doesn't seem to bother him all that much....

9. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Talking of which, it would be interesting to see all the aforementioned people aboves routines/training regime.

10. El Barto

El Barto Valued Member

How many of their routines would include chemical aids?

11. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

um...that's his fight weight. at that weight he has very little bodyfat and is bigger than your average 205 since he cut down from a higher weight. on top of that, 10-15 pounds of muscle makes a pretty significant difference, especially with the added inch in height.

you don't have to keep making excuses for yourself. you could just go out and do something about it.

12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I never said I wasnt....? Just that I preferred a slimmer physique.

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

smae here....im 5 10 ...175....i fight at a little lower depending on the organization and there wieght classes

14. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Most days, from a strictly aesthetic perspective, I think I shoot for a Steve Reeves physique (hey, who am I to argue with the role model for dozens and dozens of the most famous bodybuilders around.)

6'1", 215-ish pounds. Waist - 29 inches. Upper arms (bis/tris), lower legs (calves), neck all 18 inches or so. (Keeping those three measurements relatively equal was said to be Reeves' ideal ratio.) I've got the height and weight. I've just got to play around with the bodyfat percentage and measurements. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

However, I swing a few different ways, and whenever I see this pic of Arnold (6'2", 226 pounds):
    [​IMG]

I'm ready to get bigger. :)

15. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

you do know what this means.. especially explaining the cause of the post being a pic of a man in tight shorts.... lol

must have a different meaning where your from....

16. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Drat, I guess I've been outed...again. :rolleyes: Man, I'm sure "it" means the same here in NY as it does down in F-L-A. But in this context, I was sure that it would be taken that I draw inspiration from a diverse well. Either the classical physique of Reeves (though that picture above is "bulkier" than usual) or the more dominating build of Ahnold.

To expand my point (and because I just found some cool news pics):
    Quintessential Steve Reeves
    [​IMG]

I've never seen this shot of him before, but Fingertip Deadlifts are an excellent movement.
    [​IMG]

Okay, that's enough space I've used. I'm done with the picture posting. Sorry y'all.

17. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Good call on steve reeves.

In the BB world i like the big guys who still go for symetry i.e dexter jackson posted before

Shawn Ray
    [​IMG]

Ken Wheeler (Flex)
    [​IMG]

Sergio Olivia
    [​IMG]

Arnie
    [​IMG]

and, at a push,. mentzer
    [​IMG]

18. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

David Belle is a new role model for me. I'd heard of parkour before but only here and there. I watched Balieu 13 this past weekend which kicks ass on the same elvel as Ong Bak - not a lot of great plot, but the movie is just wicked fun to watch.

David has a physique I am working for - he's not huge by any stretch, closer to a gymnast. But more than just the look, its the athleticism the guy has. You want to talk about functional stretch...

Here's a video to watch him in action and explain parkour a little:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1996675427048738448

And I can't really find many pics of him but since the movie was just recently released here in Canada (maybe in the US as well, I dunno) expect to see more of him soon.

[​IMG]

He's more Ross Enemait than Brad Pitt. As someone else mentioned, its not the look we (I) work for, its the abilities. The look just comes on its own, secondary.

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Foucan looks better. His legs are massive.

20. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Find me a shot with his legs! Actually I have a few videos to watch that he is in. In either case - both guys and probably a bunch in their crew are very strong for their size and its something I work towards. You could add the dude from Beastskills.com in there as well. Not great pics on the site but he's solid and has super strength.