right hip problem

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by orbwhale, Dec 3, 2013.

1. orbwhale

orbwhale New Member

Hi, i feel there is soemthing wrong with my right hip area.
    It doesn't interfere with normal activities, however it does become noticable during stretches and kicking in taekwondo (particulary in axe and front kicks)
    -During straddle splits, there is a dull, medium intesity pain on the outside of my right hip. It worsens as I turn my body to the left. At this point it becomes "stuck" or immobile. This doesn't happen to my left hip.
    This sensation feels like my hip is about to pop, but doesn't. My chiropracter said there is nothing wrong with my hip joints, and that it may be the tightness of muscles.

-My hip does pop sometimes after I've been sitting for a while and i stretch it. This does not fix my problem though and is painless. Sometimes I think it may be ligaments. They may not be in the right place or are stiff from overuse injury.

-When I butterfly stretch, I can feel this sensation when i push my right knee down and lean a bit forward to the left. The pain is not as intense as when doing straddle splits.

-When I do straddle splits against a wall by lying on my back and spreading my legs against the wall, a sensation is felt on the thick, fibrous band between your groin and thigh. This happens when i turn the top of my thighs downward during the stretch. It feels like a weird nerve sensation that is soemtimes felt at the back of my knee. Again, this only happens on the right side.

-finally, when I am kicking in TKD, it takes more effort for my right leg to reach the same height as my left in front and axe kicks. It is also not as smooth and flowing. It is also still bent a little when it reaches the top. When it comes down, i sometimes lose a bit of my balance.
    There's no problem during roundhouse and roundhouse kicks to the head, however.

My concern is that it may be permanant, and any insight to this condition is appreciated ;) I've done TKD for about a year, and I discovered this about a month ago.

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

go to a physio and not a chiropractor.