Reieved my protien today!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Combatant, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I decided to try www.myprotien.co.uk the other day and ended up ordering 5kgs of unsweetened, unflavoured whey protien for just over 40quid. Its finally arrived today so I mixed up a shake today plain and was pleasently surprised. It was not bad at all. When you consider that most shakes are usually too sweet, and full of all sorts of nastys this was a refreshing change. It also mixed very well. I am usually quite anti supplements due to the crap that most companies fill them with, but I am very impressed with this stuff. Thumbs up to MP, and thanks to Adam for the link!

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Thanks for posting that. I'll be using them for whey protein myself soon so that's good to hear.

3. Reece

Reece New Member

I was thinking of ordering from them also, but was waiting to find out some feeback about them.

I am going to order some when I get apid on Friday!

Question:

Do you have to use a blender to mix this stuff? or can you just kinda mix it with a whisk?

4. Combatant

It is very light and mixes just fine with a fork. I already had a scoop from my other protien powders and used about 1 and a half of that in just under a pint of milk. It is very plain tasting and not bad at all, so definatly not a chore to chug down. Because of the lack of flavour I am sure it should mix ok with juice too (something which used to make me gag in the past). Either way it definatly beats the tuna fish milkshakes my keen weight training buddy used to drink years ago!!!!! :p Either way anyone who has used the site will have a referral code on there so please share the wealth amongst MAP members when ordering by using there code. :cool:

5. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Hmmm, I might get my next lot from from myprotein, the whey consortium stuff is nasty, and I need to blend it to get it to mix.

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Dudes, don't forget to use my referrer code to get a discount and to contribute to my supplement habit :D PM me if you want it.

MP is the best site in the UK for bulk supps by a long way and it's constantly growing. Check out the forums there for more information on stuff you might want.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Hm..any recommendations for us Yankees?

8. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I second that....:D Share the whey!;)

9. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

www.trueprotein.com

I'm going to give the customizer a shot on this one :)

They sell bulk too.

Another good place to go for whey in the US is Sam's Club. I got a 6lb tub of vanilla whey concentrate for $20. Not too shabby. I've had better tasting whey but its hard to beat the price, and the taste isn't really too bad. They had chocolate too.

10. Ad McG

11. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Hmm 22 bucks for 2 lbs, is that a good deal? trueprotein is selling bulk 50lbs for 344, or 6.89 a lb. Problem is it is 50 pounds lol, cant exactly cut your losses when it come sto 300 dollars.

Also, what is the difference bewteen Whey Isoloate Ion-Exchange, Isolate ColdFilteration, and Microfilterated? I understand isolate is better than concentrate, but now its even more complicated.

12. Combatant

I just keep it simple and stick to just normal whey. Sure there is better, but is it worth the money??....probably not IMHO.

13. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

You can save a few bucks with bulkprotein.com and true protein.

But if you want less than 10 pounds for a deal I'm tellin you, get a membership to Sam's Club. They have a TON of other supps in bulk too!

14. Ad McG

I isolate is no way worth the money IMO, unless you have some reason for avoiding any amount of lactose.

15. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

So concentrate is just fine, unless your either wealthy or have problems with lactose?

16. Combatant

****UPDATE ON THE PROTIEN****

Most protien powders give me real bad wind. I am not farting nearly as much with this one, just thought you should all know. You may all sleep well now. ;) :) :cool:

17. Ad McG

Yup.

I fart and burp like mad all the time anyway, so the brand of whey makes no difference to me! :)

18. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You know, for some of us, extra farting is a BONUS! :) :D :)

He he he!

19. Combatant

Believe me, mine usually have the bark and the bite! But with this stuff it mixes easily without a blender so there is none of the bubbles, hense not as much wind. Has anyone ever tried Tropicana protien? Now those ones used to smell like the flavour ya just drank. I was farting strawberries for weeks! :D