Punch Bag training

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RickyC123, Aug 21, 2013.

1. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

Hey
    Just recently started wing chun and I'm really enjoying it but can only make 4 classes a week if I'm lucky so I'm looking for stuff I can do at home
    What could I use a punch bag for? I've been practising chain punches and kicks but is there anything else I could use it for?

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

3. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

Thanks I will have a look :)

4. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

Anything more wing chun based? Trying to get away from the boxing mentality of having one side forward

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Alternate sides each round, or halfway through.

6. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Did you have look at the Iain Abernethy Heavy Bag Podcast...? It makes no reference to which side you are working on, nor does it dictate (for the most part) which techniques to use, save saying just "Hand Techniques" or just "Kicks" - The manner in which you would then deliver them, is completely up to you, be that based in Wing Chun, or not.

regards,

Travess

7. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

I will have a look at it tonight, I have a class tonight anyway so I might learn something else to practise

8. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Have you got a wall bag?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooacJ7hFSm4"]Wing Chun - wall bag training - YouTube[/ame]

9. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

Not yet but I will be getting one when I get paid, is it just the walkergate moifa you go to mate?

10. EmptyHandGuy

Yes, I do a little eskrima and used to do wing chun.

11. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

I will probably try to get to some classes at walkergate when the metros start again, I kind of know where it is, has it got universal martial arts written on the side?

12. EmptyHandGuy

No it's got Moi Fa Martial Arts Academy on the sign!

https://plus.google.com/112133934516969378635/about?hl=en

13. RickyC123

RickyC123 Valued Member

Ah I saw a building with universal martial arts on next to walkergate metro lol