Protein

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LeeGreg89, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Aside from whey supplements, meat is by far the best source of complete proteins there is. You just can't get complete proteins from soy....And it's horrible :p

White meats, especially turkey, are low in fat and cholesterol, and the fats in fish are the fats that you need in your diet: 3 and 6 omega fatty acids. Red meat can indeed contain a lot of fat and cholesterol, but most white meat doesn't. A lot of bodybuilders eat 2 chickens a day or maybe even more, and they have no problems. Quit trying to convince people that you aren't missing out by being a vegetarian. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth: Meat is the best natural source of protein.

Meat also tastes the best :D

2. totality

totality New Member

amen to that captain jimothy.

3. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

That is incorrect. In recent studies, soybeans have been shown to contain a good balance of essential amino acids.

Soy can take many forms and is not, as you say, "horrible." Taste is subjective. Many of the foods that you apparently like, I find revolting.
    Soy protein isolate is equal to fish and superior to the white meats you mentioned.
    I'm not "missing out" on anything, least of all protein.
    No, it is not. Even if you discount plant-based protein altogether, eggs and milk are superior protein sources. Soy protein is of similar quality to meat. When combined with other plant-based sources, the protein quality easily matches or exceeds any kind of meat. Soy protein is easier to digest, lower in fat, has NO cholesterol, and provides many other health benefits not found in animal sources.
    To you, maybe. To me, no.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lolol this is stupid... LeeGreg89, I recommend you do some serious reading on protiens before you do anything... Because by the sounds of it you have no idea... You want to look like bruce lee right? You can't just drink protien shakes and expect to have a build like B.Lee; Best thing i'd recommend is do some major research, then get down to the gym and work low weights, high reps.

And if you have to much protien, you kidneys will suffer concequences & you'll find yourself in alot of trouble.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  5. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

I know i jsut thought protein can fit in my ddiet

Of course i work out what u think ima drink protein drinks and sit my ass of and dont do noting Wrong

I just heard Protein helps rebuild the muscle and i thought that i wasnt having enough protein

6. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

And its not Low weights high reps
    As yoda said it equals reduced strength, wrong

I think ima do big weights and low reps

Back to the topic i visited my GNC store and looked for the Whey Isolate Protein and i found out that it is mixed with over stuff then i found one that contains 100 Whey Isolate protein

Which one should i get the one that only has a little Whey isolate protein or the one that contains 100 %

7. totality

totality New Member

ahh yes, the infamous OTHER STUFF...what is the other stuff??? do you feel you need it???

8. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

I think

9. Shade

Shade New Member

LeeGreg, at 14 your body is still growing naturally any way and presumably still has a bit of hormones whixzzing round it. So i wouldnt worry too much about taking supplements right now.

At your age you should be full of energy, and your body will love you stuffing it full of carbs, protein and fats that you will get from your normal diet. Add to that any training you are doing and you will develop muscles.

I am sure you don't but please do not expect great changes overnight.

Getting the body you desire is going to take a long time, a lot of hard work and dedication, and maybe supplements later on. But for now I really wouldnt worry too much.

10. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

So u wont recommend it Shade

11. Cain

Cain New Member

Me too :D

Take protien from natural foods ntil your 16 - 18.

Lift like Arnold eat like chris farley and sleep like the sleeping beauty and you should be fine ;)

|Cain|

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Whey protein isolate IS natural food. Certainly compared to the crap that most 14 year olds eat IMHO. I'd certainly rather have MY 14 year old getting protein from it rather than from a Big Mac.

13. Cain

Cain New Member

Did'nt know that, reming me to hold my toungue with a plucker before speaking again ;)

|Cain|

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

? When i talk of low weight, i don't mean 1kg :rolleyes:

15. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Oh sorry

LoL

16. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Yoda so u recommened me taking Protein Powder rather than greasy foods right

17. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

*Sigh

YES! YES! YES!

Now go train already!

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Heehee :D

I'm aching from my gym experiance last night lol. Especially in the tricep and pec area lol :)

19. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

How do i know if i am overdosing the protein

20. redi knight

redi knight New Member

dont know.

i do know its unlikely youll overdose on protien from eating regular food.

way more likely to overdose from supplements though, because they are concentrated, isolated or w/e.

ive heard everything from 1 gram per kilogram- 1 gram per pound of body weight is all you need, 1 gram per pound is about how much bodybuilders take..sometimes even more.

im not sure of the complications of protein overdose, but it can cause some kidney problems.

...enough said?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.