Prevent Heart Disease With One Simple Exercise

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Suhosthe, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Ha ha! Classic! Given how other risk factors are medicated (*ahem* statins *cough* cholesterol), could I also suggest that we medicate for low IQ scores in order to bring them up out of the "unhealthy range"? A good course of nootropics should supplement your excellent Sudoku idea.

3. k9_subsea

k9_subsea Valued Member

It would be easier to devise the formula for turn lead to gold!

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

And there I was thinking it was going to be the 'Table push away'. I think that blow to my IQ just raised my risk factor.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

i thought it was going to be the deadlift

6. GracieFan

GracieFan Valued Member

I bet it also increases your risk of anneurism, at least if you're right-brained.
    I get nonstop headaches staring at all those numbers...

7. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Natural selection at its best :cool:

8. Martial-Arts

Martial-Arts Valued Member

Hihihihihi,...
    Great,.....

9. Wotonito

Wotonito Valued Member

I know this thread is kind of old but...
    Fat absorbs toxins that are bad for your heart, so if you're fat you wont get heart disease (you'll just get heart attacks) if you're "fit" in other words "fat-less" you'll get heart disease, if you're chubby, you're god (no heart disease and no heart attacks).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  10. Wotonito

Wotonito Valued Member

Not too sure why but it double posted...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  11. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Double the post pleasure, double the fun!

12. righty

righty Valued Member

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure heart attacks are a form of heart disease.

13. Wotonito

Wotonito Valued Member

Well, yeah, they are... (If you were replying to me) Fat absorbs toxins that of course are toxic for your heart, which helps protect it from heart disease, so if you have a healthy amount of fat you're resistant to heart disease, unhealthy levels of fat (no fat or too much fat) leads to heart disease / attacks...

14. righty

righty Valued Member

I would think it would be better to avoid the toxins in the first place.

I wouldn't say 'resistant' either as no one is fully resistant to herat disease. Plus what you are saying is also that once you are overfat, you are less likley to get heart disease (of any kind) if you stay overfat than if you lose the fat (and thus release the stored toxins back into teh body).

15. Wotonito

Wotonito Valued Member

Err... I think you're misunderstanding... (and I said resistant not immune x_x) Fatless = Heart Disease, Chubby = Not so much Heart Disease, Fat = Heart Attack. Bwah

16. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

learning a new language probably helps with the ol' iq. like learnin' the language of love...

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What's up the interwebz these days?

18. Medes

Medes Valued Member

One doesn't have to have heart disease in order to have a heart attack. I have a friend who had a heart attack just a few days ago, and her heart is healthy.

In her case she had pneumonia and didn't know it and pushed herself hard despite feeling "odd." In the end she had a heart attack. Her doctor said her heart is fine and there was no lasting effects from the event, but she had a heart attack either way.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Apparently kakuro fends off pneumonia........