Pre-workout substances..

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by C Denny Run*, Jan 12, 2011.

1. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

The OP was asking about MA classes not strength training at the gym though.

2. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

For some reason that reminded me of the old ECA stack in the day. Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin. Used to take 'em by the handful! Maybe thats why I was always so hyped up and lean, lol! :D

3. Bigmikey

Worst thing that ever happened to sports.

Let me clarify. I think there should be a NATURAL league and a "Juiced to the gills" league for every sport. Can you imagine a sport, like baseball, where even the bat boy was 250 pounds of rock hard muscle? LMAO! They'd need to design bigger venues! American football might even be fun to watch if that were the case!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

*whistle* excellent stack TBF pretty much dragged my sorry ass through first year of uni before i started competing again.

OP if your not competative or have heart issues hard to go wrong with OTC stims (disclaimer NOT recomending ephedrine or ephedra) but a trip to boots will unfur a whole bunch of pure caffine, yohombie taurine etc for a fraction of the price of J3D and IMO a far better than the carb loaded crap sup companies sell. plus you can choose exactly what goes in and out, thus avoiding banned substances.

me i like a bad-ass cup of coffee with a gram of vit C.

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

depends on the MA class now doesn't it?

my wrestling and BJJ classes demands on my energy systems tend to be a lot closer to explosiveness, strength and strength endurance with all the picking up, throwing and flipping than to any aerobic 4000m cycling event.

however my judo conditioning class tends to be more aerobic so maybe id eat a jam sandwich and chicken after that.

don't see a problem with hopping up on caffeine before any training.

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

i made that point in a debate at uni and pretty much got rounded up by a lynch mob of angry, 140lb, vibram wearing maniacs and hung on the rugby posts. well, thats a little exagerated, but only by a bit!

7. Bigmikey

LOL!! You got a beat down by a bunch of posers? Brother, I wouldnt brag about that so much, lol :D

Kidding!

Most dont agree with me. But I think that's simply because they haven't thought it through. Can you imagine a bunch of Rugby players allowed to push as much into their arses as they can take?? Oh dear LORD! What a GAME Rugby would morph into! Same for American football - hell, even BASKETBALL might be fun! :D

8. Mangosteen

i made the argument that if we're going to regulate steroids and "illegal" PEDs then we should regulate creatine and legal ones too.

9. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Sumo with a ball? :whistle:

10. Bigmikey

Picture Batista in a rugby shirt, lol!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  11. ninjedi

ninjedi Valued Member

While it does contain caffeine, the 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is where the big energy boost comes from in jack3d.

12. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I like a nice shot of epinephrine before I start a particularly hard workout. Really gets the juices the going!

No matter what I did I could never convince a Corpsman (military/navy/medicalpersonnell) to hit me up with an epinephrine pen (used on casualties to get their heart going) before I worked out. I bet it would have been awesome though, sigh*.

I believe Jack3d has one of the main ingredients taken out of it recently in the states, I'll have to find the article. We got sent a bunch of little packets of Jack3d on deployment that were 1 serving each and enough to last for months on end. I will never take Jack3d again, I get sick thinking about it. I once mixed 2 scoops of Jack3d and 2 scoops of N.O.explode . . . . don't do that. I ended up laying on a cot sweating with a fan blowing on me while I hyperventilated and tried to not throw up. This lasted for about an hour.

Personally I like N.O.Explode. Not so much for the workout but for the toilet. It's a really good laxative for me, and it's nice to get a workout in without being full of crap, or wondering if you're going to crap your shorts during a good session of squats : P.

13. Ero-Sennin

14. Bigmikey

[​IMG]

PURE. GOLD my friend.

15. ninjedi

ninjedi Valued Member

Jack3d is NOT banned, and still contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (DMMA). You can still order it from online retailers (including amazon.com), and it is still on the shelves in all GNC stores. It is even possible to order just straight 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in 20mg capsules. It is not an illegal substance, but yes it is banned in many competitive sports.

16. Ero-Sennin

Well, it's off the shelves on any military base. The FDA gives people a timeline to get products off the shelf which may be why it's still being sold. What I've heard/read is they're just going to take DMMA out of it. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. If you like DMMA then I guess buy it up while you can?

17. adouglasmhor

Caffeine is not only a stimulant but a mild bronchi-dilator, always an advantage with most training.

18. Mangosteen

Yup. Save my backside when I had lost my inhaler.

19. adouglasmhor

The things I learned watching "Quantum Leap".

20. Mangosteen

God I love that show.
    They should play more reruns.