Pasta is the food of the gods.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master Betty, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Discuss.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Wrong. It's steak. Or possibly eggs.

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You're both wrong.

[​IMG]

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I get bored with a meal of pasta. It just goes on and on.
    Little & often, like groundbait.

Steak? Oh yes, that's food

5. Master Betty

I'm pretty sure I could pan fry some steak slices and eat it with eggy pasta?

6. Moi

I'll be there in 3 1/2 hours :)

7. Gary

You would pick a couple of meatballs and a noodly appendage or a few.

8. Moi

I like spag Bol (well we've been brought up on it) my wife makes a nice pasta, fruit and veg salad and that's about it for me. I'd like to try a good homemade ravioli (I might try that tomorrow) can I use fresh lasagne sheets to make ravioli? Oh yes I quite like lasagne

9. Master Betty

Thing is, I hate italian food - I don't like cheese sauces, i don't like garlic and I don't like tomatoes. I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to pasta.

Then I made some plain pasta, threw it in a pan with some sliced ham and 2 scrambled eggs, a bit of salt and some pepper and now I've found my training fuel.

some of that the night before training and I'm like popeye with his spinach.

10. rivend

rivend Valued Member

There are people who can do amazing thing's with ramen noodles but i am not one of them.Mac and cheese is in my top ten list of good eating.Served with a good pepper sauce on the side. And a good old RC Cola with the meal.

11. Gary

Just saying but as a near bankrupt student I lived on pasta for weeks at the end of each term. It was way harder than the two months living on steak and eggs. Pasta is just a canvas to put flavour and seasoning on. Good meat needs no seasoning.

12. Master Betty

lol 2 months on steak and eggs = constipation.

13. Gary

Surprisingly not, you just spend less time sitting down and getting rid of insoluble fibre.

14. Master Betty

If it's all the same to you, I think I'll keep the prune juice handy if I ever decide to try it! :)

15. Gary

Up to you, but most people who try it confuse the need to go less often with being unable to go as often as they used to.

16. Master Betty

Lol na I've just had it for the first time in my life - I KNOW the difference now. Not a pleasant feeling lol

17. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

When ever i eat pasta i still fill hungry after 30 minutes...

18. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

reinventing the wheel ;' )

[QUOTE Then I made some plain pasta, threw it in a pan with some sliced ham and 2 scrambled eggs, a bit of salt and some pepper and now I've found my training fuel[/QUOTE]

Hey sounds like the recipe for Pasta Carbonara !!! There is a whole other side to pasta without the 'usual' tomatoes/garlic etc :' )

Good One!!

powchoy

19. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Seconded. Plus that's just the Italian recipes. If we add in Chinese (or other Asian) pasta recipes, those can be an entire new ball game.

That said, however, the OP could probably use google-jitsu skills to uncover British pasta recipes if neither cuisine is of interest.

I won't post further on this topic, though, because I know pretty much zero about nutritional stuff and therefore can't post any opinion on whether pasta is or isn't a food of the gods.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  20. Master Betty

It is.