Pain in heart area

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by MindTricks, Jan 7, 2014.

1. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

it started about a month ago. I keep getting mild but very uncomfortable pain near my heart whenever i am running or even fast walking. Its getting more noticeable now when i walk to work in the morning or when we warm up before muay thai season. However i have been kicking, sparring and clinching and didn't feel a thing. It only hurts when i walk fast or run for some weird reason...

any idea what it could be ?

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You really do need to see a doctor. No other advice can be given.

This is no time to be putting on a brave face, or battling through workouts.

Hopefully there isn't a problem, but see a doctor and find out for sure.

Do it today and good luck to you.

3. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Simons right, don't take any chances with your health. Go see a doctor ASAP.

4. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

You should be at the doctor just now.

Good luck

Baza

5. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Hopefully it's something minor like a torn muscle but you're describing early cardiac arrest symptoms and those are "seek immediate medical advice" sort of symptoms. Meaning it is imperative you visit your doctor or local emergency room as soon as possible. Hope you feel better very soon. :)

6. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

cheers guys, just booked an appointment with GP hopefully nothing serious =/

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good call.

Your doctor would rather you turn up and it's a false alarm, that have to deal with something a little more serious because you delayed seeing him/her.