Ninjutsu or Krav Maga

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TheDarkLord84, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mindyourownbsns

mindyourownbsns Valued Member

in real life ? probably never . i wouldn't be going to the ground on purpose .
    in competition ? whenever i get the chance , and remember this move .
    does that answer your question ?

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Can we have a compulsory reading sticky post addressing the "arts/moves for competition not for the str33ts" thing please?

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Who said anything about going to the ground?

I asking about the initial purpose of using such techniques, as you tried to fit a square peg in a round hole with your earlier scenario.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. mindyourownbsns

this is kansetsu waza in judo : http://judoinfo.com/kansetsuwaza.htm

which scenario ? you mean a guy holding you by the wrist or collar , throwing punches and kicks ?

6. Dean Winchester

Asinine bollocks.

#Hannibal
    #DW

So considering the above quote how so your comments fit in with what you said about reliance on strength yadda yadda.

I was on about the authenticity of what was witnessed not money issues, you are confusing things again.

No it wasn't. This section was in relation to your comments on JJJ, again we have yet to establish what in fact was witnessed. Theses reports from friends are the basis for your opinion, the opinion you are putting forward here as absolute.

So if you understand that those techniques are not optimal for that or in fact are not even intended for it then why are you using that scenario for those techniques are an example of them being poor waza?

It's intellectually dishonest.

What would I do? That's dependent on a lot of things, violence doesn't happen in a vacuum something will have preceded it. Is it a sucker attack? Has it been preceded by dialogue? Who is it? What's the context? What range are things kicking off from?

Assuming it's from dialogue and for whatever reason I have decided not to use a pre-emptive strike then I'd be covering if needed and going for open hand shots, because I like them, and if necessary closing in for spinal control. I'm short so I'm not staying too far away.

All this will be from a fence anyway so I'm not caught with my hands down and I'm already controlling the other guy and what is available to him.

If I'm being blitzed then, if I'm lucky, I'm falling back on a Dracula's cape type move which fits in very well with my ryu-ha.

If I'm unlucky then I'm probably sparked out on the floor getting my head stomped, I have no illusions about that type of thing.

Along with all that I could always fall back on some Panantukan which again fits in well with everything else I do.

Sorry but your scenario is so generic as to be a bit useless.

You are changing the goal posts again. Make your mind up. Is your problem with quality control or the financial outlay that you think people have to make for equipment.

You done this twice now, initially you moaned about costs then when I gave my experience in the org you changed to to equipment. Now i have pointed the problems out with those points you have gone back to quality.

Your point being what? Swords are expensive? Er yeah.

You started on about equipment needs in the Buj so I pointed out they are actually rather minimal.

In what way is it expensive? We've been through this now.

Generally it's no more pricey that other arts either from a mat fee point of view or equipment.

What sword? How many Buj dojo regularly require an iaito or heaven forbid a shinken?

Have you been to the Ninjutsu forum on here?

Me, Simon, Hannibal et al are generally some of the outspoken ones over there against certain aspects of the Buj. Not one of us could be called a fan.

Your reasoning fails again.

I'm assuming you are confused again. This is rather odd.

Have you read the posts? You will see people with CACC and BJJ backgrounds recognising the technique. It's solid but being done in a stylized manner. They guy might suck but the technique is sound.

7. Dean Winchester

Plenty if people accept that, actually if you spend some time here you will see that it comes up often.

The problem is that hasn't exactly been what you are doing.

8. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

iranian ninjas (no, the prince of persia is NOT included!)

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107777

:whistleblower: wrong.

judo IS jujutsu(as in KANO JUJUTSU). in fact, judo CAN be called kano-ha kito ryu JUJUTSU.

and majority of those "samurai schools" were founded in the midst of peace (edo period), aka NOT USED BY samurai for warfare. unless you took in the few participants of sengoku jidai and the meiji restoration.

brush up on your history, man.

9. mindyourownbsns

how cute , you learned a new word .

a wrist lock is a lot easier to defend against ( just pull back your arm with force , it works most of the time ) , as opposed to a throw . therefore , you need more force to properly perform it . kicks , punches , elbow and knee strikes , eye gouges , rely on your strength as well as your opponent's ( a while back , i read a story in the newspaper , i believe . a store clerk sprayed the robber's eyes with pepper spray , according to him the robber didn't even blink , an eye gouge is significantly weaker than pepper spray )

in judo , you know the moves , and so do your opponents . one way to overcome them ( fully aware judokas ) is superior strength ( please don't tell me why that is , i'd really doubt you in that case ) .

because i can't think of any other scenario where they can be put to use . would you tell me the purpose of those moves ? because neither me nor anyone of my friends can figure it out .

so you'd try to get close to the guy , right ? good . and try to use the simpler moves , right ? even better . at least you're not delusional like SOME ninja guys i've met ( who would immediately go for the neck break or something like that ) .

i think you DON'T WANT to understand , and it's of course , your choice .
    my problem with bujinkan is many things , fancy instant kill death touch moves that no one dares to train ( therefore accept the teacher say " it works , guaranteed " ) , poor quality control , its numerous mcdojos , expensive equipment , students who have never even been close to a fight and yet go on and on about how they can crush anyone in less than 5 nanoseconds , etc.

did you really not understand what i was trying to say ? i was trying to say few other martial arts require that many equipment .

i can understand that mats are not very expensive , whether you do TKD , karate , judo , ninjutsu or any other MA . it's just that ....... ah forget it . i've said it like ten times already .

you tell me . judging by what i've seen here , every dojo . which , to be honest really scared me . i don't want to maim myself during practice .

i just realized , whenever you can't come up with an answer , my reasoning fails . how's that ?
    are you kidding me ? you guys have done nothing but flame me for days now . and you're telling me that you guys are not ninja fans ?

no i'm not confused . i only answer to people i find logical .

the move may be solid , but applying it takes a lot of time .
    you may or may not accept my opinion . just don't try to pull it off on a real person ( my assumption is that you're not suicidal ) .

10. mindyourownbsns

good one !!!
    there's also a clip of them training . here : http://www.aparat.com/v/5BAL6

false , many JJJ moves are non-existent in judo . and seriously , few people can actually pronounce that !!!

well i'm not good with history , but if what you say is true , then there's no excuse for not practicing their art in full contact ( according to what i've heard , many of them don't train in a lively manner ) . also , in that case the term " Jutsu " must be removed from it .

11. mindyourownbsns

good to know .

what does that mean ?

12. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

again, stop spouting about things you don't know about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitō-ryū

http://judoinfo.com/kitoryu.htm

what you think of as JUJUTSU is NOT what others think of as jujutsu. just because some moves are not in judo (hell, most moves in judo's goshin no kata are NOT in judo shiai proper, but it's STILL judo) you can consider judo as not a form/derivative of jujutsu. it is a form of japanese jujutsu, TAILORED for a certain goal(as other jujutsu styles have been).

now ask yourself why dean, hannibal,et.al have been questioning you... :meditate:

13. mindyourownbsns

here's a piece of information for you , buddy : wikipedia doesn't prove anything . write an essay on any subject , and name wikipedia as your source , anyone with at least 1 year of university training will laugh at you .

derivation ? i agree . the same ? never .

they question me , because i said a friend of mine could beat a green belt , which is true ( they don't want to accept that other styles can beat ninjutsu ) . also because i said i don't like the art , which is my opinion . and because i said most ninja dojos are nothing but mcdojos , which is , again , true . and last but not least , because i picked on some ninja moves which i thought were impractical , and i stand by my statement .

14. Southpaw535

And rightfully so. Anyone with any sense knows you rip off wiki's references, not wikipedia itself.

15. Dean Winchester

Now say what you want about Draeger and his polarised view on Do and Jutsu but the above is a nice outline.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yes

You are talking out your ass about things you have no idea and can't see why you are being called on it

I would say that's a problem

#Donkeys
    #DeanWinchester

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just a general Mod reminder to everyone in this thread: Keep it civil people and let's not start with petty sniping or condescending posts. Thank you :)

18. mindyourownbsns

indeed .

are you talking about me ? or did you use " you " as in " you guys " ?

there's another reason . according to a friend of mine ( software engineer ) , " wiki " refers to a website that allows editing of its contents and/or a website whose contents are written by non-experts . it means i can go to wikipedia , and change ninjutsu's history the way i think is right , without having to answer to anyone ( this really happened , some ninja guy actually wrote about some kind of a myth battle that took place between 4000 ninjas and the emperor of japan in the 15th century , and the ninjas won , and secretly took over japan until the fall of the samurai in the of the 19th century )

19. Southpaw535

"you" as a general term.

Didn't really need a software engineer to back up the claim that wikis can be edited :p

Its a somewhat outdated complaint though. The moderation system on wikipedia is rather good and unvalidated claims don't last very long at all. When wikipedia was first becoming a thing my school warned against it all the time based off the fear it was written by some moron. Now its actually a pretty solid reference. Dunno whether it would fly for some uni professor but this isn't Oxford so that's a moot problem.

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What's so controversial about smashing a green belt? 0.o