New book - sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Van Zandt, May 14, 2010.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We stand (or hobble in Van Zandt's case) as one.

By the way I thought he was a motivational speaker.

Who is motivating who here?

2. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Dam.. bloody MAP problems stopped me from participating in the thread :) Ahhh.. but I run a free TKD magazine.. so maybe add me lol

Seriously, sounds good and I`m eager to see the evidence you present to follow up on your post here - I`ll be getting a copy too, no doubt.

Stuart
    ps. Competition.. where was that? Come on guys, run your comps through TotallyTKD magazine will ya!!

3. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member

REALLY sorry to hear about your misfortune in the US! You had done so well to recover from your last op so quickly!

Hopefully with your determination and drive you will recover from these setbacks as quickly as your body allows. We all wish you the very best with the upcoming operations and recovery. Let us all know how you get on.

I suspect even if you released the book as a ‘pay for’ PDF you would get a lot of downloads even without pictures as I’m sure there is a lot of knowledge in the text. As suggested, if you could get somebody to perform the exercises you would have had pictures of it would allow you to complete the book.

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Or, if you still want to release it as an ebook I wouldn't have much of an issue hosting a copy of it here on MAP for you.

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I was gonna suggest that xD Knowing how important he is to you, you never know, he might be flattered enough to get on board ;)

Either way, if you release it as a pdf I'll fling you a tenner or something, consider it a donation toward hiring the models you need if you like.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  6. madknight

madknight Valued Member

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you'll be able to continue doing what you love once you heal up. I say don't give up so easily. People gave some great suggestions and I'm sure you wont have much of a problem finishing it. This is a big accomplishment and I think you should stick with it until it's completely done! Good luck!

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I really want a copy of this book. Looks great. Mainly what I want to see though is practicalities- I never quite got the hang of stretching in horse stance, for instance. I would like diagrams and explicit instructions.

8. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Hey again
    Becoming flexible is one of my new year's resolutions.
    Is the book ready yet? Even in ebook form without pictures?

So far I've been just relying on the classic advice of doing stretching.
    If you want to save my health from doing this dangerous practice then you need to show me something better! :p

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I get a free copy just for being me, right?

In all seriousness, I'm excited to read it VZ and will definitely be buying a copy. From your article I've increased my flexibility a lot, to the point where a few weeks ago for the first time ole Kuma was throwing a decent axe kick.

I think Snoop's idea is pretty decent because then you can show that it's not just your Stretch Armstrong genes that made you flexible, but through your sound training ideas that can make anyone flexible.

10. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

11. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

As a suggestion, I'd model for free, I'm letterally like C3PO with my flexibility, could take a photo of my 'splits attempt' holding something with the date then following your methods hopefully take one with my nuts on the floor and looking smug (with the date on something again)
    From there I'd do whatever poses are nessisary, offer is there.

If not, I'll still be buying the book lol, before I have to move to a bungalow.