Need some advice/tips.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by lucas2411, Mar 19, 2005.

1. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

:confused: What is better for fitness? Brisk walks, skipping, sprinting or jogging?
    I need to get fit for soccer as i have just transfered from a good team in a bad league to a great team in a top league...So i want to know what is the best thing to do? I am fairly fit as it is but i need to be fitter. I have been getting extremely sore legs when i play soccer, it is most likely because of the amount i play, but what can i do to stop them from aching so badly? And what can i do when i get home and they are aching?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Make sure your diet is in order ie. proteeeeeeeein!
    Make sure you get enough sleep
    Do interval training. Do a search, plenty of information will come up. Footballers do a lot of interval work during the game, so it directly crosses over. Enjoy!

3. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I play everyday at school for an hour or so, and have two hour training sessions on monday, tuesday and thursday and have indoor(futsol) on thursdays before training, matches have not started yet but are on sundays...is this too much? And by interval training do you mean train one night then rest the next and repeat?
    Btw how did you like The match between England and Australia in 2003?? :D

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

What match between Aus and Eng? You mean the one when England used its B team and didnt have any of its top class players?

I live in Aus and Im shocked at the miserable state socer is here. There is talent, but because there is no money for players here, they all disapear to Europe to get the money they deserve.

Back to the thread.

Do some skipping, interval hill running, things like that will send your cardio through the roof.

5. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

Their b team??
    Have you even watched the game?
    The First pick team played in the first half with players like Beckham, Neville, Owen, Rooney, Ferdinand, Scholes, James and the rest. Now with that list you tell me that they had their "B" team, the U21 team played for the second half so they could get experience, and guess what? They scored an excellent header, so you my friend are wrong. Apology accepted :D

And yes unfortunately 'soccer' is in quite a poor state, but players like Tim Cahill are my shining lights and hopefully i will be playing for aus one day!!
    The new 'A league' is looking pretty damn good and in about ten years hopefully it will be something like the bundesliga. What we need are Big players to bring in the crowds. I predict that in a few years players like Kewell, Viduka, Bresciano and Lazaridis and others will leave the epl and come back to aus to settle down and will play in the A league, these players are vital for the success of Domestic football and hopefully it wont be like the NSL all over again!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  6. NaughtyKnight

Mate Rooney wasnt in the team back then.

7. Ad McG

Yeah, I remember that game. Shame you have to dwell on games from 2 years ago because you haven't done anything memorable since! :D

8. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

Yeah we should have beaten Norway and South Africa, especially Norway. Well anyways we were missing key players in both games so that never helps the team. We beat the Solomon Islands 12-1, isnt that something memorable? :D Was the entirety of England shocked at the loss to a 'convict' nation??

9. NaughtyKnight

Not really, at least we can get into fifa ;)

10. Ad McG

Oh no, we lost a friendly, they have so much significance...

We would love to play you competitively but you never get any where near! :D

11. NaughtyKnight

Yeh please get into fifa in 2006, ill be in Germany watching it. I want to see a Aus vs England final :D :D :D. A stein of German beer in one hand, a blonde beauty in the other, watching some quality footy, what could be better. :love:

12. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

FIFA(federation internationale de football association) is the governing body of world football, it is not a competition, I do believe you are speaking of the fifa world cup? And Rooney was playing, he was 17, he started on the pitch I have watched the match about ten times. And neither England nor Australia were taking it as a friendly. Watch some of the filth coming out of Nevilles mouth; it sure wasnt friendly gestures, certainly what he said to the asssistant refs should have had him hanged. This friendly phrase is simply a scapegoat to shrug off defeat by a team ranked by fifa as 49th in the world. :D
    AAAAnyways Had fitness training last night had some good uphill sprints and a 1.6 km jog around a lake then lots of running ball drills, actually i really enjoyed it specially the uphill sprints!

13. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

Oh and the reason we never get anywhere near is because we have had to play top South American teams in a climate entirely different than Australias some several thousand feet above sea level in a ground where they have to have moats around the pitch and razor wire fences to protect the players. I would also love to see Australia play England in a world cup match and hopefully 2006 is the time for it.

14. NaughtyKnight

I dont think it matters that you lose to South American Teams, when you seem to lose against countries like Soloman Islands and Saudi Arabia.

15. Jayevan79

Jayevan79 New Member

Do you have liniments available there? Those made camphor, menthol and some other herbal stuff that gets very hot when you massage it on your back and legs but would give lots of relief.

16. NaughtyKnight

Dont worry about your legs, they will stop aching when your body starts to adapt to the high volume of football. I used to have really bad legs after only a few hours working (a chef is never alowed to sit down), but my body adapted and now I can stand for hrs upon hrs without my legs getting tired.

17. Sounds somewhat like my lifeguarding :D

18. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

You really know nothing about football, we destroyed the solomon islands you should get your facts right before you attack Australian football. And as for Saudi Arabia i dont even know when or if we played them.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005