Need help in balancing lat size difference

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, May 11, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Im wondering what i need to do to balance the difference in my lat size, My right lat is bigger than my left, iam right handed, and im just wondering if this is common. I know that people tend to be stronger on the side in which they write. The difference isnt huge, but i can notice it.

thanks for the help :D

edit: in case anyone wondered, i dont do any exercise that isolates one side over the other.

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Many many people are not symetrical. It has a lot to do with genetics and can be caused by minor scoliosis. For many the imbalance is actually not just in one muscle - many find that it would be an entire side... but it would be usually a very very small amount - biceps off by a cm. or less shoulders the same, traps about the same etc.

Many other people can not notice minor imbalances in another person at all.
    But to the person with the imbalance it can somehow become a focal point.

I'll wait to check out the answers I'd be interested to see what get's posted.

Does it affect your training, range of motion etc?

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

hi, thanks for the reply ^^

well my right side is generally stronger than my left, and the difference like u mentioned isnt really noticable. But i can see it affecting say the maximum amount of pull ups i can do. In terms of boxing, many people have complimented my jab(left hand) so i dont think its weak, but could be better. But yeah i can see it being a focal point in my eyes, it doesnt really affect my range of motion, but more so the maximum weight i can use when lifting weights.

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Does it actually affect your numbers now?

5. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

sorry i dont understand what you mean adam

6. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

When you do pullups turn your left hand towards you and your right hand away. This should work your left lats more.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Does the imbalance effect your performance at all? That's what I meant.