My other knee!

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Phantom Power, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Phantom Power

Phantom Power Valued Member

I managed to fall down directly onto my left knee on a wooden floor, as the mats had slipped. It was sore but after a few mins the pain had gone until I had to kneel down, then a burning pain shot right through my leg. There is no bruising or mark of any kind.

There is no instability, I can run, sit, jump, go up stairs etc no pain at all but when I kneel (not the motion of kneeling but the actual kneecap touching/pressing the ground) the pain shoots through my leg.

I'll prob go see the doc after a week or so but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas what I may have done to my knee?

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

If you want to self diagnose injuries try here:

Sports Injuries

As always mate, if you have any doubts at all, seek the advice of a medical professional. No sense leaving your health up to us knobs! :hat:

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Does this mean something else in the US? Or are you just amazingly self depricating?! :eek:

4. narcsarge

Self depricating was what I was aiming for........:evil:

Did I miss the mark? :eek:

(here in the States ****~ A protuberance; a swelling or someone of lesser intelligence "Dumb as door ****" shortened by slang to "You dumb ****"....)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  5. Phantom Power

Thanks, that's a good site.

I think I've self diagnosed it down to a couple of choices ha ha. If the pain doesn't go away, I'll go to the docs, but asking on tinterweb helps pass a long Monday afternoon at work whilst feeling sorry for myself.

6. narcsarge

Welcome to MAP then! Ibuprofen and ice if the knee swells are always a good bet. Even the professionals will give you those 2 treatments. That is, unless you have medical issue w/ ibuprofen or low temperatures! :)

7. dimtim

dimtim New Member

Phantom - I dont believe your moaning about having a sore knee! You dont know what a sore knee really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looking forward to getting back into training in the New Year, but will probably avoid the knee-walking and suwariwaza for a while though!

Cheers

8. FeloniusMonk

FeloniusMonk New Member

Phantom - What you're describing (both cause and symptom) sound very similar to a problem I've been having. I had a couple of nasty incidents in sparring and took a few hits to the front of my right knee - similar kneeling pain to start with and over time it got worse, aching when it was cold and locking up a bit if I wasn't very careful about warming up (I was slack and didn't get it checked for a few months).
    When I eventually got it checked it was diagnosed as damage to the patella tendon, which caused some of the smaller stabilising muscles to lock up - long story short I now have to ice it after any exercise and have about 6 months of restricted training and rehabilitative stretches and exercise... Which I would not have if I'd gotten it checked and gotten on it right away rather than leaving it be.

9. Phantom Power

That was months ago, its 99% Ok now. You still moaning about those couple of operations on yer knee? Some of us are just troopers and get on with it :woo:

You still got my moby number, I think the one I have for you was for your old phone?

10. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Hope that's not his issue!! That would really suck.

The fist thing I thought of was a bruised knee cap. When you bruise a bone like that, it won't leave a visible mark, hurts like crazy when you touch it but not any other time, will heal on it's own but takes a lot longer then a regular bruise!

Just my .02!

Hope you get it checked out and it's nothing though!