Mixing a little Creatine and Whey Supplement

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bluesash, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

I started a little mix befor my class workout it seems to help in the recovery part of the work out, better performance, significant increase in peak power and not as sleepy after class! any better and i wouldnt need to go work out.

2. Vita

Vita Valued Member

so you mix the creatine with some sort of apple/grape juice?

i wouldn't think the average whey protein would taste too good with that. i know i mix mine with milk.

someone will probably correct me if i'm wrong, but creatine should be taken with some sort of glucosamine (this is off the top of my head, again correct me if i'm wrong) to help your body use it. this is found in apple/grape juices.

what do you mix it in? i'm just curious.

not saying it's wrong or bad, because i'm sure it's fine, but just making sure you know to incorporate glucosamine with creatine.

3. Haduken

Haduken Valued Member

personally i get glucosamine from seperate tablets... because you need... err... something else to help the glucosamine to work more efficiently in the body... god its a never ending cycle ain't it!

4. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

You mean glucose. Glucose is a sugar. Glucosamine is a substance that's good for arthritis and joint health. ;)

As to what to mix it in, it really depends on who you ask. McG around here mixes it with his tea in the morning, I believe (I really have to stop speaking for him, my fault). When I was using it, I usually tossed it into my post-workout shake. Basically, as long as it gets into you, you're good to go.

Sash, what kind of workout are you doing when you take it? And why did you start taking it in the first place? Usually, creatine helps recovery form strength training sessions, not martial arts classes. If you're feeling this good, I'm expecting that it's from the protein shake, not so much the actual creatine. I suppose it comes down to whatever works for you.

5. Vita

Vita Valued Member

yeah, glucose! :eek:

i knew it was wrong. i guess as long as you're taking it, it'll work, i just always worried about not utilizing as much as i could, especially with the amount of powder i took. when i was taking creatine, i'd just scoop it into my mouth, then slam down some grape or apple juice.

just trying to be helpfull! :)

i would think it would help with MA excersizing though, as it essentially helps your muscles store more water (again, correct me if i'm wrong)

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I used to mix it in tea, now I just stick it in my shakes, although tea could be a good idea again if for some strange reason I don't have a shake...

Edit - If you don't want the sometimes inconvenience of taking it with carbs, look into CEE - Creatine ethyl ester.

7. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

Im try to just do a few things

Right now I do a heavy 2 hour kicking work out 3 days a week with running at night, but i lose a lot of water weight in the day! and I dont weight that much, so I eat a lot!! with whey protien in milk! and still i burn a lot of carb`s. The creatine I mix just in cold water one teaspoon befor and thru out the work out!!, i hope that kinda answers a few things, Im reliveing my third childhood, With Respect!

8. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

It was working for surfing aswell But!

It`s not good to do every day!,I was and it seemed i wasnt feeling the same about the 3rd day into my hard work out, but the whey protein twice a day, and a mass power for shakes!! with Respect!