low back pain, posture, and chiropratic

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by yannick35, Nov 18, 2007.

1. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

rubberband thank you

I have the most respect for my chiroprator he is the man that was able to give me a postive diagnost of what really was my problem and help me get back on my feet.

I have read a lot about chiro and other techics like physio and massage and more and what is recommended for back pain is chiro, because it works on getting you back with your ideal posture, this takes time.

No one else did this for me.

This is a great read and thanks again.

Right now i am not in martial arts at all, i train with light weights and on my posture.

I just hope that one day i heel completly and get back to what i love to do.

I have no athritis, and no degeneration in the spin itself, i manage to lose up to date 25 pounds my goal weight is 180 so i have 15 more pounds to lose.

I will still try osteopathy to see if i can benefit from it along my chiropratic treatments.

My chiro knows my goals and what i want to achieve, he says that some day i will be able to get back to a normal life the fact that it takes so long is because of the lenght of the injury 7 years and the bad posture.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. kcsman

kcsman New Member

i have been having back problems too and i have seen 3 different neurosurgens and i need a spinal infusion. i don't want to get that done so my last neurosurgen suggested trying a spinal cord stimulator. they run a wire inside the spine and you have a device that sends electrical impulses throughout the nerves. it kinda feels like being hit with 110v. but you can turn it up or down. i tried it out and i am gonna have it implanted. you can have the device implanted inside your body or have a portable device that is on the outside of the body. i would go with the implanted inside. you won't have wires running outside of your back. it blocked the pain really well.

3. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

The main issue with me is that the pain is not in my spin at all but in the muscles, subluxation from muscles and nerve compression.

I never ever feel pain in my spin.

I thrust my chiro he has been practicing for 35 years he knows what he is doing.

I dont need an operation, spin fusion or anything else, because all my disk are full, meaning no degeneration, no disk fusion, no arthritis.

I am going to see an osteopath next month to had to my chiro treatments.

Acuponcture did nothing for me, massage does good the day i have it.

But last time i went into osteopathy it did very good, now that my posture is better its going to be even better.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  4. kcsman

kcsman New Member

the muscles around the spine and down the back hurt right??? well this can be used for this as well. it can be used for several uses like cronic back pain severe headaches, burning in the legs like i have. cause my nerves in my back are being pinched the muscles in my back are cramping 24/7 almost. there is sometimes i can't even stand up straight. this eliminated 90% of my pain. thought i would share it with you as an option for you too.

5. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

God i feel sorry for you and i really really hope you do find something to take away the pain, if i had pain like this i would consider surgery.

I acutally feel bad posting this after reading true pain like yours.

My pain is very different let me explain.

The pain is not always there and on a scale to 10 its around 3 never will it ever prevent me from standing up, hell i danced all night at my office xmas party, of course i had mild pain but nothing that would have kept me from walking the next day.

I never lose sensation in my legs or arms, chiro test me for this on my evaluation and again two weeks ago.

The pain in my neck is a lot better depending on the days and how i trained, my posture still needs adjustements for sure.

If you read what rubberband wrote he is right on the nose about everything he says even my chiro agreed with everything he wrote.

My problem is that i am not getting any younger and for the past seven years i have not been able to do the sports that i love with my injury.

I have come to realize that i need to slow down if i want to heel properly for a while.

I never had headacks, severe burning in the legs, at first i did have burning in the lower back muscles but now its a lot better then it was.

I will have to see how osteopathy can fit in mixed with chiropratic.

With regular adjustments when i have pains it doesnt last has long has last year and when i do have a subluxation it can correct itself, last year i just could not and my right trapeze muscle would always have inflammation each time i worked it a bit, this is also gone.

I had some huge colon pains when eating various foods, with chiropratic i dont have theses pains anymore.

6. kcsman

kcsman New Member

i don't want anyone to feel sorry for me just wanted to try to help as much as i can cause i know back pain really really sucks. there are other people worse off than me. you might try talk to your chiropractor and talk about a t.e.n.s unit. it stimulates the muscles and it can help strengthen the muscles in your back enabling your to get more stability in your back. the spinal cord stimulator really helped me with my pain. the only option i have for my back in spinal fusion. that is the last thing i want 50/50 on helping me with the pain. fusing vertebrae together for me is the absolute resort for me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  7. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

I have a tens unit at home and i do use it.

Good luck with your back pain issue.

Enclosed is a picture of my posture back in 2006 and another one in 2007, you can notice a good change in the curve in the neck and my pelvic is much better too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  8. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Currently weight training with following program

leg extension 4 sets of 12 using 40 pounds
    squats 3 sets of 12 using 20 pounds in each hands
    vertical bench press 4 sets of 12 using 40 pound plates
    flat flyes superseted with dumbell pullover 3 sets of 15 using 10 pounds db
    bent db rows 3 sets of 12 using 10 pounds db each hand
    Low pulley rows 4 sets of 12 using 40 pound plates
    standing db press 3 sets of 12 using 10 pound db strech at the end.
    lateral to front db raise 1 set of 15 using 5 pound db
    Standing db curls 4 sets of 12 reps using 10 pounds db
    tricep pushdown 4 sets of 12 using 20 pound plates.

10 exercises done within 40 minutes, pertty much looks like the solo flex training program with less super sets and 20 minutes more LOL.

But it does the job and i am also showing a lot more muscle definition.

9. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Left a message on my chiro voicemail

Last night i trained like i usually do with light weights but today i had some pain all day, some pulling like usual in the lower back and upper trap.

I told him that i have been going for adjustments for a year now some times two to three times a week.

I told him that i was depressed and mad at the same time seeing how long it takes to heel.

I told him that if chiro was not working for me to refer me elsewhere, and that i could not continue like this for 5 years straight.

Quit sad because i am strating to have serious doubt about chiropratic effectiveness, its good for 2 days but after that the pain comes back.

Keep you guys posted.

10. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Refered to another chiro

My current chiroprator refered me to another one that has a different technic then him.

He says that he has been struggling with the upper back for a few months now and it just doesnt seem to give.

Guess i will have to wait and see if the other chiro makes a difference of not.