kicked in the ribs

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by cebola3000, Nov 11, 2008.

1. cebola3000

cebola3000 New Member

I took a pretty hard shot in the ribs from a spinning kick that had a ton of torque on it. In capoeira its called Chapa de couro. Anyhow, it was very difficult to breathe after during inspiration. Should I bother going to the doctor? From what I understand, there's nothing that can be done for a cracked rib. Any suggestions?
    thanks,
    cebola

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

How long ago?

3. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Unlucky! If there's no bone grating when you're breathing then just settle down to maybe 10 weeks of misery. If you have grating sensation, go to hospital.

The old advice (apart from TCM) is to bind your torso tight. I think it might make your ribs heal in the wrong shape, going on personal experience (and untamed imagination).

Saying all that, there's a plant you can find wild in the UK and was a remedy back in the Roman empire which purportedly encourages bone regrowth, accelerating healing. You've got more reason to Google that than I have right now :D.

Sympathies!

4. cebola3000

cebola3000 New Member

It happened 5 days ago. Its a little better now. I'm just going to suck it up and train a little lighter for a while. Thanks guys!

5. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

PM me.

Best,

Steve

6. wayneshin

wayneshin Valued Member

I broke my ribs a couple of months ago. They did nothing beyond recommending that I take anti inflammatories. If your thinking about going back to training though you should probably go to the doctor first.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Word.