Information overload-

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dianhsuhe, Jan 17, 2006.

1. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

I joined the gym finally and this morning was my first weight training day in years... I was never any kind of expert with weights anyway-

Is there a good web-site, book/article for the total beginner to weight training?

I was an athlete through college but I really need to get the fundamentals down- I need to strengthen my core and upper body. Legs are plenty strong :)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  2. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

www.t-nation.com

This site is good too.

Also take a gander at Adam's fitness resources library thing.

One thing though, please, for your own sake, DON'T over-analyze training. You'll become one of those who have suffered from paralysis by analysis. Just train.:)

3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Good advice.

Check the stickies on the forum and get a rountine involving lots of big compound lifts. Get your diet sorted and get lifting.

If you are stuck for a programme i posted one on this very forum if you fancy giving it a go.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45916

4. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Tnation is a good place to go. There's a beginners section there.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

And an "over 35s" section. :( :cry:

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

www.bodybuildingforyou.com

click on the forums where i help moderate, i'm under the same name and i have a number of stickies lying around that are proving helpful to noobs :)

7. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Good man! Are you getting in shape for the next Throwdown we go to, Dian Hsuhe?

Where is your gym at?

Seriously, I'm glad that you're getting back into lifting. You're already extremely skilled and tall...if you don't watch it, tiny children will run screaming from your mere presence!

8. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

howdy

I joined the local "McGym" (I mean it has a salt water swimming pool so it is good on my pores and everything..) LOL

I am out of shape in almost every way so I figured I would start lifting and take a unique nutritional angle (read: no fast food at all)

Working with Sensei Cosmo and Sensei gabe etc. has motivated me-

Maybe I will see you Saturday?

In Kara-Ho,
    Jamey