In need of a new routine!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Arnoo, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

That's pretty much the same for me with 5/3/1 I feel I can now focus on the strength aspect of training, still get some improvement and still have enough energy to make it to the changing room. I'm not pushing/pulling as much weight as you and don't need the deload week as much as I did when I was doing more volume with Starting Strength and getting exhausted and more likely to get injured and despondent

2. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

Quick update, just finished the first week of my second cycle of 5/3/1 (should be on the second week but I had to do week 2 from the first cycle 2 times due to missing 2 workouts caused by national holidays..... read: parteh). I broke PR's on all 4 lifts this week and considering I’ve slept terrible for 4 of the last 5 days I’m really satisfied. What I’ve found to really help is to calculate on beforehand how many reps you need for a PR. When you go into a workout/lift with a number in your head on how many reps you want you’ll have a lot more focus on actually getting that number and breaking your PR.

Loving 5/3/1 so far!

3. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Congrats, that's great to hear :D