If its not Cosgrove, its crap

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TheMachine, Dec 28, 2005.

1. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

2. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Great article.

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I nominate this article for the stickies, any seond the motion?

4. Combatant

...I would go with that, there only problem is that the t-nation lot are an angry bunch so the swearing might not go down too well with the mods. :D

5. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Lets hope the mods let this one slide

6. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Yeah I read that one last night, its pretty good except for the part where he's raggin on pickles.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

If we stickied everything that everyone asked for then we would have far too many stickies!

Yeah, I will let it slide but PLEASE put a warning next time you post a link to a t-nation article which has rather less than appropriate language. Thanks.

8. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Ohhhhh c'mon guys, the articles was good but hasn't CT or CW said the same thing over and over again without so much profanity (I blame it on him being Scottish).

Like I said, the article was good and it was to the point and honest but he's preachin the same stuff the rest of the T-Nation crew are preachin. But it is a good read.

And what Adam said about the profanity.

9. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

True enough. Nothing horribly groundbreaking. If you can get over his curious pickle-phobia, I think it's Cosgrove's general attitude that's appealing. Plus, I did like seeing his take on fasted cardio. The numbers he threw out there are a good point, and kinda puts things in perspective.

"30 minutes of steady state cardio will burn about 300 calories. Three times per week – 900 calories. Add that up for 26 weeks and we get a whopping: 23,400 calories.

Or 6.6 lbs of fat.

In six months.

If doing it fasted, burned 30% more (which it doesn't), you're looking at another 2lbs of fat in that same six month period.

Or an additional 0.07 pounds per week."

Now that's certainly worth stressing and starving over. :rolleyes:

Oh, and my vot efor best line of the article goes to:
    "Fat people finish marathons all the time. Aerobic training doesn't do a hell of a lot for real world fat loss."

10. Combatant

The thing I like about bodybuilding articles is that they all seem like they should be written in CAPS because it sounds like they are having a rant or shouting. :p

11. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

What I liked about this article, it it made us realize about some simple things we often forget. The training quiz by CT is also golden.

12. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I think whats needed in ANYTHING bodybuilding related is the USE of CAPITALS, italics and bold, really helps put the POINT OVER!

ps was a good article!

pps machine have you got a LINK to the quiz

13. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Nice article, especially points 10 and 12 which i seem to be constantly repeating to people. Point 6 was rubbish though, and I would have preferred something more than discipline about why beginners shouldn't take handfuls of supplements.

14. Ad McG

In all fairness, isn't a large chunk of t-nation just recycled stuff? I think it is. It's only once in a while when a truly new article comes out eg. Cosgroves one on training the back for bicep development etc. I like some of the interviews and some of the more off the wall articles on different approaches to fitness. Sometimes I think the full articles could fit into a few lines though, like David Barrs article on bulking which basically said "eat everything in sight... yeah you will put on fat as well as muscle, but that's the idea". I personally hate Atomic Dog, Ghost Dawg and a few other regular contributions. I like a massive chunk of the site, but sometimes it gets really boring. The marketing in every single god damn article also annoys me, especially Thibeadeau worshipping spike and power drive at every opportunity. There are tons of other websites out there with information from another perspective that are well worth a read.

BTW - I read on there earlier that Chris Sommers gymnastics training book is out very soon. It's in 2 parts because he got to over 700 pages and decided to sell them separately! Don't forget those MAP amazon links! :D

15. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Here's the quiz. I thought we had a thread here discussing it, but I can't seem to find it.

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

17. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

How can you hate Atomic Dog??? I love reading those, I always laugh my butt off.

18. Ad McG

I just find them long-winded and generally not funny. When you've read the same drivel about models and hot women a million times then you tend to get pretty bored of it. The odd bit is funny but mostly I don't even read them anymore. Plus, like every single damn article on the site, I HATE the ass-kissing comments afterwards of "BEST... ARTICLE... EVER" that get posted EVERY TIME, even when it's nothing that great.