ICE your cell phone!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by narcsarge, Jun 11, 2008.

1. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

As goofy as the title sounds I really thought that this should go in the Health & Fitness section.

ICE your cell phone!

Apparently the idea of using your cell phone to aid EMS personal has been around a while and this idea (I.C.E. In Case of Emergency) is currently being used in over 40 countries! (Thanks to all Brits :)) Please check out the site to learn how a simple entry in your address book could help save your life or the life of someone you love. Hopefully, we won't have any threads entitled: "ICE saved my life!"

Narc

2. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Very nice. My co-worker recently purchased a cellphone and it had a built in ICE which is the first contact on the contact list.

3. narcsarge

I have no doubt that cell phone companies will add it to their plans but the great thing is, you can do it yourself! I have my wife as my ICE contact. All EMS has to do is check my contacts and they will see:

ICE-WIFE
    (no comments now:rolleyes:)

4. WildWaldo

WildWaldo Valued Member

Sounds like a good idea I think I will add it to my phone, thanks

5. PaFF

PaFF Valued Member

This idea was in the media over in the UK last year. Apparently a emergency worker checked a mobile (Cellphone) & suggested the idea.

6. narcsarge

According to what I have read, it appears that someone brainy person in the UK came up w/ this. Again, thanks to my U.K. mates...

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

ICE ICE BABY!!! Couldn't help it Narc, had to be done.

I have ICE-1, -2, and -3 since sometimes people are out and about. Thus I have my wife's cell as well as the home phone. The last one is my in-laws incase all else fails. I know silly safety geek here, but it does pay to have back-up. It's the military/ex-cop thing in me.

8. ambiance

ambiance Valued Member

Yes it is a good idea; I read it in the paper and started adding to my phone.