How hard is it to become proficient in weapons based arts compared to physical fighting ones?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Flyingknees, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

You admit that honey badgers have a thick and tough hide that resists punctures, tears and cuts right? I want to see you type it out without a bunch of other crap added on.

2. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

My heel is indeed much more cut, tear, puncture, hot and cold resistant though. Why do you resist facts? Nothing is honest about stabbing someone in the eye like some thug and asking them "where's your tough skin now, huh?". Fool, I might be weak like you but I now what we're all capable of.

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Have the school holidays started already?

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

If you have something to say, say it. Don't tear down others because you can't imagine yourself doing it.

5. Dan Bian

Ok.
    Your posts come across as those of a fantasist, someone with delusions of being some sort of modern, romanticised warrior.

Your own training background has been questioned on here previously, I wonder if you'll expand on what training you've actually had, and for how long? If you want to establish some form of credibility, this would be a good place to start.

cds and Dead_pool like this.
  6. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

A good place to start would be a direct refutation but you're skirting that. The only thing in the way of progress is direct and diligent efforts. The heel has thick skin, Dead pool states 4 mm. This is some average of human heel thickness, nothing more. It is well know that skin thickens and thins, toughens and weakens. This toughening and weakening isn't solely derived from thickness. It is a living organism afterall. If you don't know this fact of biology/ physiology it is mildly ridiculous that you are ignorant of this fact. If you know this then the thought of thickening and toughening the skin is not ridiculous, correct? I will decompose the problem and resolve it one element at a time; can we agree on this?

7. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

If you need to look up a scientific paper to figure out if skin thickens and toughens from wear or "training stimulus" then you are indeed ignorant! Please tell me you do not need to look this up! This reveals your lack of basic experiential and self-knowledge if it is the case!

I am a reasonable man, please admit to whether you are ignorant of this point or not.

8. Dan Bian

Cow skin can be up to 10 times thicker than human skin.
    Cow's are not immune to knives.

9. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Should I interpret your post as to confirming that human skin may thicken and toughen though? Or no? We can't really move forward without laying down the steps so to speak.

10. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

For the moderators: I suppose training methodologies that create a certain physiological result are techniques? We should move this discussion to its own thread.

11. Dan Bian

Yes, human skin can "toughen up".
    But that will have no effect on the resistance of said skin to a sharp blade.

12. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

"Some youtube and books."

From the other thread.

14. Dead_pool

No, if the original premise stands, cows skin is thicker, logically thicker skin is harder to cut, therefore cows are impossible to kill, and the apex predator on this planet.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

cds likes this.
  15. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

If you want evidence of the level of durability skin can reach in a small mammal's hide; badger hide is unpunctured by lions, no evidence of blood after being chewed on multiple times:
    Can we move this to the other thread since this doesn't belong here.

16. Dead_pool

cds likes this.
  17. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

You have a link to a list of fallacies in your signature and can't recognize your own?

18. Dead_pool

I can not only recognise it, but also parody it.

That's you that is.

cds likes this.
  19. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Honey badger does. People do not. And honey badger does not get it from bee stings. They get it from evolution. They evolved with this as a defense that helps them survive their environment. Trying to claim that somehow humans can develop something similar is just stupid.

honeybadger don’t care.

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mode note: Diagen, please take a minute to read our Terms of service. This can be found by clicking on the terms and rules button on the bottom right hand corner of every page. Profanity is not allowed. Thanks and welcome to MAP.