Hmmm.. Check it out

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tetsu ryu, May 12, 2008.

1. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

I've been thinking a lot lately about trying different forms of exercise and training and I'm considering doing something kind of like this with my kettle bell. It weighs 45 lbs. What do you guys think?

Monday- KB Swings, pullups

Wednesday- Overhead squats, dips

Friday- clean and press, bear crawls

2. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

I think you'll really do well if you not only mix up the exercises like you have listed, but also mix up the set/rep routine. Do a breathing ladder with the swings, then tabata sessions another day, etc. You could do well.

3. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

First Q I would ask is what are your goals and aims? That way you can plan a routine for yourself.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I agree here - I would also mix things up with that KB. What you are doing now is very low volume. I would add some different things in to get the volume up or do a complete KB workout - a circuit or something.

5. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

My goals? Hmm.. Probably to stay strong, feel good, and look good. I'd like to pick up a good bit of endurance as well so tabatas are definitely something I could throw in.

6. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

What I would really advise you do is get quantifiable goals

SO:

What does stay strong mean? Do you want to be able to deadlift/squat/bench press a certain amount?

Feel good and look good are hard to quantify so we'll ignore them.

Pick up a good bit of endurance? How would you measure this? 800m lap time? Kettlebell swings in a set duration?

Once you have a target you can plan your programme otherwise there is a tendency just to coast.