Hip replacement scheduled (finally!)

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Van Zandt, Jun 18, 2009.

1. twistor59

twistor59 Valued Member

Glad to hear it's going well. Let's get that 8/10 reduced (I'm assuming 10/10 means excruciating and 0/10 means no pain !).

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Good to hear things went ok.

I'm guessing they put you on a codeine based painkiller - you been getting the wacked out codeine dreams? Always my favourite part of healing.

3. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member

Superfoot,

At least the op has now been done and you're on the mend... keep up the physio, and don't do anythig silly :)

All the best,

Andy

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

And the constipation from the codeine is the worst part [​IMG] Luckily it goes after you stop getting it.

Anyway glad you have started on the mend SF.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Fancy a spar? I've a feeling I might beat you at this point. :)

All the best mate.

6. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Glad it went well, hope you recover asap, take it easy at first, you've got plenty of time to come back stronger than ever :cool:

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Yeah, it's currently a 7 or 8 when I wake up, peaks to a high 9 during physio, but then surprisingly drops to a 6 for some time after. So I guess that's a sign it's starting to work :)

You don't know the half of it! The other night I dreamt I was at the MAP meet and teaching a seminar on sparring using an alligator tail I'd grown...

Cheers mate. You won't believe the number of times I've read that copy of DS&K. Thank you so much, again! :cool:

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Feel sorry for the missus; she has to help me wipe my ****.

Cripple Boxing is the new Olympic sport :)

Thanks mate. Robocop is gonna have nowt on me! :p

Seriously guys and gals - and Moi - thank you for your support. It will make my recovery that little bit easier, and it counts. Cheers :cool:

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There's me reserving my ticket for the Special Olympics to come and see you and this is the thanks I get.:bang:

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I thought competitors didn't need to reserve tickets? :D

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I got thrown out of the last one for selling dog whistles:bang:

12. Rajveer

Rajveer Valued Member

Crap haven't been on the last few weeks and in the mean time you've had hip surgery! Glad to hear it was successful, good luck with the physio!

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I do now, but really that's TMI even for me mate [​IMG]

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Like the T-mobile ad says: "Life is for sharing." :D

15. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Glad to hear the operation was successful and that you're on the mend, though I'm sorry to hear your pain level is so high!

My only experience with opiate-based painkillers was getting my wisdom teeth removed (they were pretty high up in the jaw). When I woke up from the procedure, I felt fine. I am told that, after my parents drove me home, I attempted to dance an Irish jig in our driveway (I have never, in my life, attempted to do so before or after this one incident). I apparently was loudly and vehemently telling everyone I was fine. I then played video games for an hour or so, and then spent the next eight hours vomiting.

Painkillers are odd things. But definitely better than the alternative!

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Cheers Mitlov. Sounds like you had quite an adventure. I think the weirdest thing that happened to me was I hallucinated that elves dressed in grass skirts were singing Walking in Memphis, while trying to break into the house in an attempt to probe me in the bum.

Not nice.

17. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I know people who have used street hallucinogens who can't compete with that :eek:

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Update

Seven and a half weeks after the op and I'm finally back to stretching. Here's a pic of my first attempt in the last couple months at doing a toes-up split:

[​IMG]

Excuse the mess :D

I could only open my legs to about 160 degrees. My adductors are super-stiff, and it'll still be some time before I try pushing it. Isometric splits and kicks are still a long way off :(

19. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Considering how unused your muscles must be to stretching out you're looking pretty good already mate :cool:

20. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You're already way ahead of me there mate. ;)

Good to see you're recovering well.