Help with schedule

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slacker, Nov 13, 2008.

1. slacker

slacker Valued Member

Ok, i do jujitsu on a tuesday night, kickboxing on a wednesday night.

I have access to the gym every weekday between 6-8.

I had my health check today, which is showing i am slightly overweight and slightly under fit.

Which days would you guys suggest that i should do resistance and which day running etc.

Many thanks in advance!

2. phillholden

phillholden Valued Member

Hey slacker,

Are you looking at reducing your fat% and toneing up or building muscle?

If your looking at losing some weight or rather your fat% as lifting some weight might start to increase your muscle size, which will weigh more than your fat, i would look at doing a good 45 minute cardio session on maybe sat and sunday, depending on your fitness levels. Id keep the cardio work to moderate not flat out pace, find out what you maximum heart rate is and try to keep in your aerobic zone or just above it.

Then i would look at doing 30 minutes resistance weights, you could a work out that consists of compound movements (a few muscle working together on the same exercise) than an isolated movement (one muscle working on its own).

Compound Movements

Chest Press
    Seated Leg Press
    Squat
    Chin Ups Narrow Grip and Wide Grip
    Arnold Press
    Lunges
    Press ups Narrow and wide
    Abdominals/ Rotations
    Back Extensions

Hope this helps a little, got any questions on what i mean, just ask

Phill

3. slacker

slacker Valued Member

Thanks for the help, i cant do weekends really so its weekdays only.

Im going tomorrow for a 1 to 1 session with a trainer, see what they come up with (they use the key system, so they can program you a routine and you just go to the machine whether cardio or resistance and then it will tell you duration/reps etc and log all of your vitals)

I dont really want to loose too much weight but turn alot of the fat into muscle.