Heavy standing bag - Everlast any good?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spinmaster, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

My instructor has a heavy standing bag, which I really enjoy practicing with, so I'm looking into getting one. The obvious question is, which one? I'm kind of considering a adjustable (goes up to 6') Everlast bag. I think the full name is "Everlast Johnny Sock It To Me Freestanding Heavy Bag". Is this any good? Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone knows where to get a good bag inexpensively.
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search and didn't see anything specifically like this.

Thanks

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

If you can get a hanging bag

3. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

How practical would a hanging bag be for my situation? I want something that I can kick as well as punch, and I'd probably be setting it up in the barn loft (I'm trying to set up a practice space/really mini gym up there).

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

A six foot bag is the best thing you could possible get. If you've got the space get a double ender as well.

It's a barn! You've got loads of space, get a maize bag as well, great for jumping kicks as well as punching.

Get all 3 for the price of a freestanding bag

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Thanks, might have to look into that though. As far as "loads of space" goes, unfortunately that's not the case. We're using most of the lower level for storing stuff, and the upper level is relatively small. Now that I think about it, though, you're right; a hanging bag would actually fit much better into the loft (just hang it from the rafters!) than a standing bag.

Thanks!

6. Yost

Yost Valued Member

Those of us without rafters are envious

7. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

8. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

TWICE!!!!!!

9. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop