heart problems i think? anyone else got it?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Mugen Zero, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

just going to ask, not saying you guys are doctors but wondering if anyone else has it, lately whilst training taekwondo at my college there are quite a few times i felt like a sharp pain i think at the hear or maybe the chest especially when doing the laps of kicking. anyone got this so far?

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Doctors, immediately.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but don't take a chance.

It's better wo waste the doctors time than miss something potentially unhealthy.

It's probably muscular, but get checked out.

3. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

umm Simon i still know you may not be a doctor but if i do have a heart problem does that mean I can't train very hard in martial arts?

4. Simon

It's not for me to say, but I'm of the opinion that you can train whatever condition you're in. You just need to adapt your training.

Don't put off going to the doctor in case he tells you you can't train hard.

Go to the doctor, get an all clear, then train hard.

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You might as well get it checked out.

I've always wondered if legitimate heart problems have symptoms like no other "chest pain" symptoms. I used to worry about having an STD sometimes because it would burn to go #1 a bit (just dehydration, it turns out). Then I had something happen (not an STD :p) that let me know exactly what that burning really felt like and hoo buddy, it is certainly a distinct occurrence. I need to ask somebody who has a heart condition if that's the same kind of thing that happens with suspected vs. actual heart conditions.

Anyways yeah, go to the doctors.

6. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

thanks guys :), and umm actually it wasn't burning feeling more like a static across the heart i think, the last time i went to the doctor about this when i was smaller, he said it was growing pain, just curious anyone actually felt pain in their chest when they're growing?

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

So you're feeling this almost dead center of your chest? A lot of people are confused on anatomical position, your heart is close to center but because the "pumping side" is on the left half of center people think the heart is on the left. I often have to remind myself I'm not having heart problems when I get a sharp stabbing pain that occurs in the mid to far parts of my chest on the left side, as well as just under the left rib cage. Only actual experience I have with heart problems was on a medication I had to quit because it sped the rate up a lot, definitely an attention getter and not a "nagging problem" type feeling. Not sure if it's the same for other conditions.

I need to go to bed. Lol. Go see the doctor.

8. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

ahh okey then thanks, good night Ero-sennin XD

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's probably just muscle pain, but a trip to the doctors costs you nothingnin the long term. Don't get on a panic about it though, heart problems at your age are rare.

10. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Hey Mugen,

I think your getting yourself bogged down looking for answers. Go to the doctor. Ask questions later. Get yourself sorted. MAP will still be hear when you return.

Baza

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

GO SEE A DOCTOR!

We aren't doctors.

And I mean go do it immediately!

Now, that said. I get a stabbing pain in my chest sometimes. No, I am way too old for it to be a growing pain. It used to scare me, but doctor visits revealed I have a rib that goes out of place once in a while. I get a chiropractor to put it back in place every so often.

Now how did I get it figured out? Along with a fix for it? I went to the doctor, then the chiropractor after the doctor.

Heart concerns are nothing to mess with. Don't get diagnosed by people on the Internet. And DON"T start looking up symptoms on various web doctor sights either! Those will mess with your head!

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Mugen...you ever had a stitch before?
    Sharp pain in the chest when doing something strenuous?

13. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Mugen, go see a Dr!

Should be easy to check if all is well with an ECG. I just hope you don’t have a hairy chest, as it is likely to be partly shaved and will leave you looking a bit silly for a while. :)

Once it's confirmed that your ticker is fine, we can then speculate on possible causes of such discomfort which can range from indigestion to muscle trigger points and others.

14. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

ahh wasn't asking for a diagnose from you guys XD, was wondering anyone has this kind of problem as well and how the heck did your rib get out of place? just wondering

15. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

never had a stitch before at the chest area, but yes to the second, particularly when i was doing the kicking laps.

16. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

GO to the doctor and get an ECG done if you're concerned about your heart. It never hurts to get one done once in a while.

17. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Heart ills feel like an elephant sitting on one's chest. There are also associated pain, numbness in the left arm..profuse sweating...nausea...shortness of breath.

Sharp pains sound like gas. But as others have said, have it checked.

18. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

i don't know about nausea, but i do have profuse sweating and shortness of breath, and yeah going to check up soon, as soon as my folks got the time -_-

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

:eek: No dude, not "when your folks get the time" :bang:

Sheesh! Don't mess around or delay seeing a Dr. when it comes to your heart!

Some things can be delayed, symptoms like yours absolutely should NOT be delayed. Do you not understand? Heart issues are very serious!

You are probably not having heart issues, but if you ARE - frankly -delays on heart issues could mean you die! Get it? I don't mean to scare you, no wait- I do if it means you don't procrastinate and go see a dr ASAP- not when you get around to it but ASAP!!!!!

20. Simon

Profuse or excessive sweating is sweating when there's no need to sweat.

If you sweat heavily when you train then that's just the body trying to cool down.

There are two types of sweating and if you have localised sweating, even excessive localised sweating, then that can be treated and it isn't seen as a disease.
    Localised sweating is sweating on the face, hands, underarms etc.

If however you sweat all over while just sat watching a movie, then there could be a medical reason for it, such as diabetes or a thyroid problem.

This does need a medical diagnosis.

Are you on any other medication, because that can cause excessive sweating?

So you should definitely see the doctor if you have chest pains, but also about the excessive sweating, even if it's localised.

By now you should be posting saying, I've seen the doctor and all is well. I'm off for a damn good training session".