healing a cut

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bluemonk, Aug 20, 2008.

1. bluemonk

bluemonk New Member

This post isn't about a martial arts injury, but it is something I'm hoping can be helped with traditional medicine. And it is something that can happen in martial arts training, or more likely in a real fight. I cut about halfway through the tip of my pinky with a chef's knife about a month ago. Apparently fingertips have arteries, because the doctor told me I cut mine. I had stitches, and the skin has healed up perfectly. However, it's still healing on the inside. It's very tender, and I can't play guitar with it (very important, as I want to start playing bar gigs for extra money). I was wondering if, now that the skin is no longer broken (like I said, it healed perfectly, thanks to my sharp Japanese blade making a clean cut), can I use dit da jow to help it continue to heal on the inside, and maybe toughen the skin (there is now tender scar tissue where a guitar callous used to be)? Or is there anything else that would help? I ask specifically about dit da jow because I already have some. It always works wonders on my bruises from training; will it do the same for inner damage from a cut that has closed up? And the other question is, even if you don't think it will help, could it hurt to try? I would really appreciate any advice on this. So will my friends, because I think they're getting tired of hearing me play country songs, which is about all I can play with three fingers.

2. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

Depending on how things look on the inside, dit da jow would probably be helpful. Just dont use anything thats too hot or moving until you know how the injury reacts to something simple. As time goes on, youll be better off with something that is more dispersing and stronger. You might even start with something liek San Huang San to make sure theres no residual inflammation.

To heal it on the inside, you might also consider something internal like Great Mender, or Gecko Tonic teapills which are sometimes used to help recover from surgery.

Yunnan Baiyao can also be used both externally and internally for things like this.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk New Member

Thank you. I'll look into everything you suggested.