Green Tea??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by mani, Apr 17, 2004.

1. mani

mani Valued Member

Anyone tried Green Tea instead of the more common Black Tea?

Is Green Tea more better for health than Black tea?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  2. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Sure do.

There have been several studies as to the antioxidant impact of green tea. However, it seems the usage must be steady and on the high side.

I drink green tea as well as red, most Roobois from Suid Afrika (simple Earl Gray, no need for the fancy stuff). :)

As to what is better, like anything "it depends"--an individual's body chemistry, genes, other health habits (lack of smoking, regular exercise, etc.).

3. CiNdY

CiNdY New Member

i drink green tea as well as white, because they dont really sell black tea in my area :sad:

all of the coloured teas (black red green white) have lots of antioxidents that block out different types of cancer and help filter out your system, as well as providing a natural source of caffeine. all of them are good for you... dunno which ones are better than the others..

4. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Green Tea rocks, I used to have a chinese student in my lab who brought some back all the time.

Cracking stuff if the old programming is getting you stressed ;)

5. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

i love green tea. i'm currently drinking a blend of green and black tea, which is pretty much perfect for me, flavour-wise

6. Loci

Loci Valued Member

green tea is pretty nice :D

i think different teas have a different affect on your body, so they are good for different reasons

i think im not too sure :confused:

peace loci xx

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I hate Green Tea. It tastes foul.

I think its the beverage equivelent of Marmite - You either love it or hate it.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

What is this "tea" you speak of? :D

|Cain|

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Green Tea seems to have had nothing but "good press" recently.

Haven't tried it myself.

Probably will.

10. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Green tea, black tea, and oolong are all actually the same plant. Green tea is "green" becasue it is made from fresh leaves, while "black tea" is made from leaves that have fermented. Oolong is something in between (partly fermented).

Everything I've read indicates that green tea is best for you of the three, although there are health benefits to any of them. The benefits seem to increase with the length of time you have a regular tea "habit". How long (number of months) you have been drinking tea regularly seems more important than how much tea you drink at any one time.

11. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I like red tea way more.

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

KGirl, how about a nice marmite sandwich chased with some green tea?? :)

13. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

I am more of a Jasmine drinker. Though, isn't black tea a mix of green and jasmine...or...I don't know. It's all written in chinese on my can.. :(

14. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Green tea, black tea as long as its hot and pours who cares?

15. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I thought it was due to the fact that black tea is dried tea made using the tips of the tea leaf. Green tea is fresh. I didn't think anything was fermented :confused:

I personally like all tea except Earl Grey

that stuff has perfume in man, perfume, in tea. No

16. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I like all teas, especially green, rooibos (not really a tea, but close enough), Earl Grey, and Lapsang Souchang (a type of smoked tea).

They're all supposed to have certain levels of antioxidants.

Earl Grey tea is flavored with oil of bergamot -- a citrus fruit -- a little perfumey, but not really perfume.

17. OBCT

OBCT New Member

I like green tea, i like jasmine to scent and flavour tea and especially like fujian oolang (black tea)

I never boil the water, it ruins it, just heat it until there are a few bubbles about 1 to 2 mm big at the most, then place tea in water and infuse for around 3.5 to 4 minutes, rinse cup with hot water to heat it before i put the tea in it (so the tea is'nt ruined by a rapid change in temperature)i add one teaspoon of cold water to the tea and serve, never use sugar or lemon

Cerassie tea is a good blood cleanser, but it lowers your blood sugar level, so makes you tired, lethargic, relaxed but sometimes irritable and some sources say it is bad for your liver.

I also like fresh mint from the garden in an infuse but it makes me a bit hyper.

18. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Green tea is very healthy.

Look into red bush/Rooibos tea though - 50 times the antioxidant strength as green tea, 10 times the cancer fighting ability. Apparently.