"Grandmaster" Jae Jeannotte

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by JTMS, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

in my experience, what is taught as "ground work" in hapkido is woefully incorrect.

also, asians kill and maim quickly? as opposed to what: africans, europeans, south or north americans? lulz

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Look how much easier that is to read.

Please put those paragraph breaks in next time - if you want people to read large blocks of text you need to make it easier for them.

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

warrior monk1, please remember that swearing (masked or otherwise) is against the rules here on MAP. Thank you. :)

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I thanked that post above because god-damn if that isn't the post of the year.
    Sadly that year was 1995. :)

5. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Thats right most teahers only teach forms, kata kick punch but never teach or don,t know real direct old style Chuan Fa or one man facing another or Mano- Mano. so I bought a library of different system,s on Dvd and books and began to study myself and train myself.

Warrior - Honestly this does not help your case or your argument.

By the way, I think I can safely say that most everyone here is NOT a UFC fighter. You will also be surprised to hear that the majority of us have a traditional martial art background too.

It's just that what you are saying is frankly not true.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  6. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Great why not enlighten the discussion with your 43 years of martial arts experience?

Seriously you are obviously interested in reading the posts on MAP and definitely interested enough in this thread to post a response.

Again my guess is that in your 43 years you have studied some Hapkido(which is not a bad thing) and that you have a connection to what is being discussed here. In addition, you have been a member since Oct 2010 with only 12 posts and you decide to respond like this.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

EDIT: Ok this is clearer now and welcome back to the discussion Troy.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96795

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

*Takes advice*

Damn I'm gorgeous today!!!!

8. Hannibal

Wrong

I really should sticky this......25+ years in,

Candian Director Jeet Kune Do Athletic Association
    Full Instructor JKD - JKDAA
    Full instructor JKD - PFS
    2nd Dan Ju Jitsu (Gendai)
    2nd Dan Freestyle
    2nd Dan Budo
    1st Dan Karate (Shotokan)
    1st Dan ROSS
    Certified TAZER Instructor
    Certified Self-Protection Instructor
    Certified Officer Safety Instructor

In addition to my recent years where I spend my time training under Sifu Harinder Singh (and formerly Sigung Paul Vunak),

Jeet Kune Do/PFS/Brazilian Ju-Jitsu w/ Jack McVicker (PFS Senior Instructor and world BJJ and Pan Am champion)

Brazilian Ju-Jitsu w/ Chen Moraes (Carlson Gracie 3rd degree black belt, Twice European Champion and British Champion)

Jeet Kune Do w/ Lee Banda (world stickfighting champion)

Muay Thai w/ Mick Dempster (Multiple British, European and World Kickboxing and Muay Thai champion)

Jeet Kune Do/Sambo/ROSS w/ Steve Crutchley (World Bronze medalist).

I have also trained with Royce Gracie, Erik Paulson, Marc McFann, Marcel Louzado, Justo Dieguez Serrano, Danny Guba, Chad Sawyer and Matthew Clempner.

9. warrior monk1

warrior monk1 Banned Banned

First Dean Winchester the original Combat Jujitsu is Daito-ryu Aiki jujitsu from Japan and if you real the old japan text you will find the they were taught by Shaolin monks that fled China and was mixed with the Japanese version of mostly throws although they did have mat work that even Gracie,s learned from a JUDO teacher that was sport but those old Masters knew Jujitsu also. So on the movie of Gracie against one guy that had a Hapkido rank you saw a hapkido man that did not work the mat work or ground move,s that are the same move,s that Gracie use. Now Gracie are great but remember Gene Lebell had all this stuff in the 60,s. So this only shows Gracie did not know this but its so easy to prove this stuff. Now My Master In Kung Fu explained in the battle field there are multiple attackers like a street fight or prison riot. you would never go to the ground because someone,s friend could hurt you when you tied up with one person or if someone had a weapon!! So i of course understand one man fighting another in a ring is different than a bar fight. As a wrestler i know that mat work is the way to go and jujitsu is the best along with gene lebelle,s Living legend jujitsu anm sambo or fukien dog fighting!! old stuff. The other thing people forget in the UFC your looking at men that can train full time ,running, rounds of bag work and sparring and jujitsu and thia kickboxing skills. these men are not like traditonaL MARTIAL ARTIST THAt are factory workers plumbers ,carpenters that are lucky to train an hour and ahalf three days a week. If we only look for the best fighting system we will loose a lot of great street fighting skills for the average man women or child. This is not about ego but about speaking the truth. The traditional MA teachers are worried that UFC teach,s trash talk and ego because of the money involved and other reason and will teach bad behavior in all of us but i,am going to hope for the best because i believe UFC had to happen and is the best way to train but believe me when i train people i start them on the mat. please lets talk history of MA and i will tell you what learned and know. Sensei-Sifu

10. Hannibal

PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!! That whole post was like listening to someone with ADHD give a lecture

11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Honestly Warrior Monk 1, at the moment this is a very one-sided debate, simply because your wall-of-text posts are too annoying to wade through.

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

If you ignore my advice about paragraph breaks again, I'm going to start deleting your responses. Think about that before you post another wall of text, as it will be a waste of your time.

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah...you really got that history of MA down. Sort him out Dean. :)

14. ttrude

ttrude New Member

lol...no,,, I am just an observer...... mainly.....

15. Hannibal

I LOL'd so hard at this for some reason!

16. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Sensei-sifu - This keeps getting better and better.

What specific "old japan text" are you referring to? Can you please provide a reference for us? I would like to hear more about these Shaolin monks that taught.

On the topic of the Hapkido video versus Rorion, you offer the same apologetic nonsense that we repeatedly hear. Yes what the Gracies learned originally came from Judo; however it is more than that and has evolved over the years.

Again I have a traditional martial arts backgorund and what you are saying is not grounded in reality.

My guess is at some point you have veered too far from studying with an actual teacher and other training partners and have been training too much by yourself. It is easy to become disconnected and my guess is that you do not have any first-hand experience with this stuff (your allusion to your wrestling in high school does not count).

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The reason being that I am a comedy genius. Duh.

18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Thank you. Best just to call it that then what with jujutsu being such a generic term

Which text?

As I understand it there's always been an issue with the background of the Daito-ryu that is extant today.

You need to be more specific when discussing Jujutsu. You also might want to look at the old systems that contain "jujutsu" and how they function. You're missing things, IMO.

If you look at a number of old school systems that contain Jujutsu you will see that taking the other guy to the ground is very much what is done, it's just not done by having a focus on newaza.

That of course is assuming you have no weapon or just sidearms. Weaponry is the tool of the battlefield.

Muay Thai, BJJ are traditional arts. As for those factory workers and such well what's your point? If they don't train that's down to them, you don't have to be a pro to train outside of class.

Why do you keep singing off as Sensei-Sifu?
    It's daft and do you know why?

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  19. Hannibal

If he adds "Dr" in front of it now you are talking...unless he is too "Modesto" to boast of course :evil: :D

20. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

is sensei-sifu like "grand glorious master" or something.