Giving the scumbags back some their own medicine

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by embra, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. embra

embra Valued Member

Just caught this. I cannot think of a better in-promptu self-defense than this, totally out of nowhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25474351

I would be really interested what the LEOs say about this one, but for me he does everything right:- gets his head off-line from the gun, and his upper-body offline somewhat from a seated posture - which is not trivial, pins the gun and reverses it back towards the scumbag, then charges through straight into him, fearless and brave, knocking him over.

After that its a bit of a rammy.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That was scary. I think I would have given him my wallet.

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

He doesn't appear to have any training and reacted purely on instinct, but who the heck knows. Glad nobody got hurt and he wasn't a better criminal. That makeup of bus passengers is rare for Seattle. Half of the people on Seattle buses are usually mentally ill/homeless/drug addicted. I'm surprised that many people looked professional and jumped in (probably a commuter transit at peak hours). If that had been the wrong demographic of bus it could have gone down very differently. Anyone else hear that lady yelling "let me get my stuff?" I assume because they were struggling with the mugger on top of her belongings. Priorities: some people don't have them.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Looks like it was a straight flinch response, as soon as he saw the threat he instinctively grabbed at it. Shocking how switched off people were.

5. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Already posted ..

6. embra

embra Valued Member

I think his glasses go flying, but seemed to be fully spirited and not intimidated 1 iota. Its true the robber was neither the most professional or intimidating, probably an opportunistic robber.

I think its a tad easier to deal with someone who wants to rob you rather than kill you.

No idea what the downtown buses in Seattle or any other US Cities are like. Glasgow busses can get quite daft. I have seen incidents on London busses before. in my own city of Edinburgh, bus-rides seem to be pretty tame these days, but it was not always so.

I have encountered more trouble on trains and around train stations.

7. embra

embra Valued Member

Its very easy to switch off on public transport and releax into your own little world.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You're in Edinburgh? Come hang out man! :D

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.