Getting Cut For Summer

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by brucelee12345, Dec 27, 2013.

1. brucelee12345

brucelee12345 Valued Member

Some info about me:
    height-5 foot 7 inches
    weight-136.3 lbs
    age-16 years old
    I want to be cut for summer, but how would i go upon doing this, I do not want to grow alot bigger, maybe just a little bit but I want my body to be chisled and look like I have been made out of marble, example: Goku from Dragon Ball Z
    thank you to all who reply

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

1) join a gym
    2) follow instructions
    3) get cut

3. brucelee12345

just as a note:
    I have alot of strength its just that I am not that much defined, I can see my six pack but its not really "cut" I have to flex to see it

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Change diet then - probably carrying some fat

5. brucelee12345

sorry to say this but i do not have enough money currently to afford a gym, i do a lot of bodyweight exercises because of this, so would high rep calisthenics work? with a calorie deficit

6. brucelee12345

like 100s of push ups a day and cutting down calorie intake about 100 calories every week or so

7. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

You really need to get a Hyperbolic Time Chamber, that way you can do a whole years training in one day Just like Goku did in Dragon Ball Z. :eek:

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

If you're not gaining weight from your dietary habits, then don't change them.

Walk briskly for an hour each morning before you eat anything and immediately upon waking up. Within 6 months time that will probably be enough extra activity upon your normal everyday activity that you'll probably be "cut." Although it sounds to me that "cut" means "see's abdominal muscles" which really isn't cut at all.

In other news:

Attached Files:

9. brucelee12345

well i meant in a way were all my muslces are like defined and sculpted

10. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

You are 135lb, you do not need to cut unless you are under three fee like fish of doomt. Sorry to say this but you can't flex bone, so if there isn't much muscle under there it isn't going to be 'defined'

Keep trying to get stronger, eat plenty of protein, stop worrying about 'definition' and you will start getting somewhere, cutting weight when you have precious little to give isn't a great idea.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i didnt want to say it but if you have to cut at 60kg, 5 foot 7, then you probably need more muscle mass to not look like an absolute twig after dieting down.

doubt you'll listen though, you probably dont want to get "too big" or think you're "big enough" and dont want to lose the definition you do have.
    i didnt as a skinny-fat kid.
    steve probably didnt as a skinny kid

12. Ero-Sennin

C'mon guys. It's all good to make fun but it's different poking fun at somebody who knows what they're doing or really comes off as a total douchecanoe, and poking fun at somebody who's 16 and probably doesn't know a thing about fitness. In all fairness I looked over that he was 16, so I'm just as guilty.

@Brucelee, you are a twig though and I'm willing to bet you have to brace yourself when the wind blows! My wife is 110 and 5' and she's too skinny! That's something you should learn to accept so you can build off of it and use it for motivation. I'll take some more time to post a more comprehensive post and give you some good info. a little later. Maybe the other guys will chip in too. :p

13. Mangosteen

wasnt making fun.

it's a genuine problem every young man feels from the pressures of high school where girls are really into biceps and abs so we attempt to get cut and end up even skinnier.

14. Ero-Sennin

If I put myself in a position of not knowing anything and asked about it, then got replies like the one in this thread it would make me a little timid in continuing engagement in the thread. I'm usually not affected in this way -now- as I can take criticism and advice if it's attached to "you're a piece of garbage, go die" but we're talking about a dude who's 16 and inquiring about fitness related goals who is showing a lack of understanding in the world of health/fitness.

I know it's a stereotypical problem that often holds true, you know it, seiken knows it, everybody but OP in this thread probably knows it, but is the dialogue so far the most informative and constructive to mold minds and help start a path that takes years of dedication and persistence in the gym and books to achieve? Is it the best retort for a 16 year old?

15. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Best of luck man. I know what it's like being a twig.

16. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If you can afford a contract phone, and dragon ball Z comic books etc then you can afford a gym membership.

You want more muscle so high rep calisthenics is not going to cut it (get it)

Join a local council run gym, many are less then a fiver a week, then lift heavy things most days, eat food, drink milk, and use the cardio equipment a bit.

17. Mangosteen

okay ill be informative.

so say at 5'8" and 60kg you're around 18% body fat

to get some semblance of decent abominable definition you need to be under 10% bodyfat
    so you needs to cut 5kg of fat to see abs putting you at 55kg and 10% bodyfat (and you may still not see your abs)

our point is - you are 16, thats peak development, take advantage of that. you can pack mass and strength very fast. faster than other points in your life
    so really, focus on growth, ignore highschool girls and get muscle and strength. then cut before you go to college/uni and get mad mad mad college girls. because it'll be better for you in the long run, we're really just looking out for you man.

*college/uni is much more fun than highschool

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Truth. High school is rubbish compared to higher education.

19. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Fixed that for you :)

20. Mangosteen

fixed that one ;)