flex problem?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Greg20, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Greg20

Greg20 New Member

Hi, i ve been trying to do a 180 degrees leg spread 3 months now with stretching exercises every night before sleep but it doesn't work well... i ve started from 90 degrees and so ar i ve managed to go somewhere between 120 and 130 but my progress stopped... Last month i didn't manage to improve my flexibility in the minimum im still struggling to spread wider without effect. Hmm help?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

3. Greg20

Greg20 New Member

the thing is that my progression stopped that got me worried. Maybe i ve reached my limit??????

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nope. try getting stronger. how much can you back squat?

5. Greg20

Greg20 New Member

im not doing weight lifting, im just doing some stretching at home so i will be already flexible by the time i go to the muay thai dojo :p

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Greg20, welcome to MAP.

You don't have to be lifting weights to be getting stronger. Bodyweight exercises are often enough.

Strength and flexibility go hand in hand. At the limit of a stretch the body is saying, "I'm not strong enough to go any further".

Here is one of my videos which shows how to develop both strength and flexibility without the need for weights.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgF2DLdtK2I"]Dynamic Hamstring Stretch.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

7. Greg20

Greg20 New Member

I ll be doing it from now on, but how much time does it take for the ordinary person to obtain the flexibility i described above? Is there anything else i can do, a special diet with specific foods perhaps?

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

No diet or special foods, just time served I'm afraid.

I've heard people say you can get a high degree of flexibility in 6 months, but why rush.

The key is to not miss classes if you can help it and get in some training outside of class, but without overtraining.

9. Greg20

Greg20 New Member

alright man thanks :D