Fine tuning training regime

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CB1, Oct 24, 2012.

1. CB1

CB1 New Member

Hi all,
    Im a bit new to the site & am loving the amount of articles & information so far !!.

Quick question - ive been a kickboxer for just over 3 years now & am coming up to my blackbelt grading (about 5 months away).

I have been trying to increase muscle mass, speed & strength (which i know dont go hand in hand), but am finding my gains in both areas have begun to slow down, if not stop.

My usual regime is as follows:

Mon: Upper body work, generally pressups, including different variations (feet raised, amout of reps etc)
    Tue: 30min run, followed by 1 hour pad work
    Weds: rest
    Thurs: 2 Hours training - mixture of strength training (situps, pressups, squats) pad work & body sparring
    Fri: 2 hours training, 1 hour pad work & 1 hour sparring
    Sat: 2 hours cardio & strength training
    Sun: rest

just thought id see if anyone has any suggestions of improvements i can make ?

......incidentally, i tend to eat pretty healthily, lots of veg & chicken & pasta :)

cheers guys

2. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

Welcome to MAP

I have a few questions, On the days that you are doing body work are you doing that in training or on your own time?

And do you have access to weights?

3. daggers

daggers Valued Member

really you need to be trained, your coach should set your plans and goals and bring you on. thats what you pay him for.
    get a clear idea of what you want, are you building size to look good? enter competitions at a higher weight catagory? hit harder?
    are you wanting to get your blackbelt to compete? teach? or just enjoy it for fun and fitness?

4. CB1

CB1 New Member

Hi guys-Osu

Cheers for the replies-on the days I'm doing body work, it's in my own time & yea I've got some dumb-bells but don't really use them.....don't know what I'm doin tbh, to build consistent sets

With regards gains-tbh I've done my competing, so would be to hit harder & look good....& black belt is for fun :) :)

5. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

Welcome!

6. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

7. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Can't help you then :)